Board logo

MK Exhaust wrong?
jimhammer - 2/3/11 at 04:16 PM

Hi,

Have MK R1 (carb) fitted with their complete exhaust. It doesn't seem right to me very close to side panel (1/4 inch) and so low it catches on any small bump. Have been using it for a while now but want to improve certain aspects of the car and this is one of them.
Anyone got a similar set up that could compare? The manifold was a pig to fit but have read others have had the same problem.

Thanks
Jim

Flamez - 2/3/11 at 04:24 PM

Doesn't look right to me either

Tiger Super Six - 2/3/11 at 04:30 PM

The collector looks wrong, could it be rotated to fit better i.e. 1/4 or 1/2 turn or would that make no difference?

PS - should the lambder hole not point upwards?

[Edited on 2/3/11 by Tiger Super Six]

mad-butcher - 2/3/11 at 04:39 PM

deffo wrong in a big way

Davegtst - 2/3/11 at 04:47 PM

My first one was wrong too (hayabusa). It hit the chasis and wouldn't fit. I was given a second hand replacement which also doesn't fit properly and touches the chasis at a different point, some of the welds are not very good quality either. It also comes very close to the side panel but i haven't started it up yet so don't know if this will cause problems. Money very well spent.

[Edited on 2/3/11 by Davegtst]

westf27 - 2/3/11 at 05:28 PM

Rotate the collector 90 degrees anti clock (from rear) and the outlet will follow the bodyline.Mind you the small picture only shows welded joints.

Toniq-r - 2/3/11 at 05:42 PM

Check my photo archive

[Edited on 2/3/11 by Toniq-r]

Toniq-r - 2/3/11 at 05:49 PM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=IMAG0129.jpg

jimhammer - 2/3/11 at 06:51 PM

Yes all the collector joints have been welded by MK so unable to adjust. Toniq your exhaust looks totally different. The annoying part is they first gave me an exhaust for a zetec I think, then when I complained they sent me this one. The manifold was nearly impossible to fit without brute force, but after ringing them they assured me it was the right one.
Problem now being it's been used for quite a while.
Thanks for your help guys.

fimi7 - 3/3/11 at 12:42 AM

Looks like you could just cut it right after the collector and get it welded at the correct angle would solve it. Should cost too much to correct. I know you should not have to but, think that's the best you can do to solve the problem..

RSr - 3/3/11 at 01:10 PM

Exhaust
Exhaust

R1 2002 (Injekted)

[Edited on 3/3/11 by RSr]