Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra hand brake cable
macspeedy

posted on 8/4/03 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra hand brake cable

I know this was discussed at length not that long ago but i cut the cable in the middle, do the u clamp things pass a sva, or are there other preffered methods??
chrisg

posted on 8/4/03 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know wheather the clamps are going to pass the SVA (someone will), but without an x-ray machine or a series of mirrors,sticks, pulleys etc..........

How would they know?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

MK9R

posted on 9/4/03 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
What we ended up doing was this:-

Make a U bracket for the end of each cable to fit to the balance bar by welding 2 strips of steel onto the female part of a brake pipe connector. Then pass the threaded male part of the brake pipe connector onto the cable, followed by a piece of steel bike pipe which is flared at the end. Spread the handbrake cable at the end and then then solder it. The solder flows all through the brake pipe and also creates a nipple at the end. When you screw the brake pipe connector together the nipple is also squashed inside. We tested the strength of this on a test piece first and the cable snapped and the cable did not pull through at all. See my photos section

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.