Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike exhaust on 2 litre pinto!?!?
donut

posted on 16/5/03 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Bike exhaust on 2 litre pinto!?!?

(yes i have already posted this on the BEC section!)

I have been given a carbon fibre can for free! It used to be on a Ducatti and i would like to use it on my MK Indy which will have a 2 litre pinto. The question is the noise for SVA which needs to be 101db or below. I understand that these 'cans' can be packed and the more packing you use the quieter the exhaust noise. Taking into account the lower revs from the pinto do you think i need to pack the living daylights out of it? If i do will it make these cans pretty quiet?

Cheers in advance for any help

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Viper

posted on 16/5/03 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
posted a reply under BEC

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisS

posted on 28/5/03 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Before now i might have agreed with your thoughts, but looking at your pictures, it looks fantastic. Please explain why you feel you shouldnt have brought the avon cos im indecided between avon and indy right now.
donut

posted on 28/5/03 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Chris

Although i have nowt against Tiger at all there does seem to be plenty of people with problems regarding the avon and all i read is positive remarks regarding the indy........which is why i bought one i guess!

Andy - the bias one!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

ChrisS

posted on 28/5/03 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Youve got to admit though, vipers pictures do look good, or is just cos of those nice 17"ers.
donut

posted on 28/5/03 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yes vipers car does look the dogs..... but then so would most others too. Don't buy a kit based on the wheels will you!!!! If i was tempted by tiger i would buy one of their other models. The bike version looks superb!.......or an Indy (go on you know it makes sense!!)

Andy

Viper

posted on 28/5/03 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Chris.
Thanks for the compliments, but you would have to see the car in the flesh to understand why i feel the way i do, as i work in engineering and have most of my working life and have my own buissiness ( Race support Services, we buid/maintain/run various race cars) i feel i am in a position to judge bad welding practices, such as, porous and undercut welding (i am a Lloyds registered welder) chassis brackets in the wrong place, tubes missalinged and out of square, the body work is non symetrical and a very poor finish, and just about every one on here has said how bad th R Champion book is well the Tiger Avon book is no better at all. But quoting Tiger, The Book is not a build manuel (they don't do one ) and what do i expect from a budget car any way?????
On the yahoo Tiger group people have been complaining of trailing arms SNAPPING!!!!!!!! (on a different model)
of course this is just my opinion (having heard of Tigers liking for litigation threats) and what would i know anyway...
oh one more thing all the wishbones and the rear uprights on my car were made by me and are not what you would get from Tiger...
moan over and thankyou for putting up with me....

Viper

posted on 28/5/03 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Donut...
We just fitted a TVR Tuscan rear can, exactley the same as a bike one, to a 2.1pinto and it sounds bloody marvelous bit loud when you get the revs up but bloody marvelous

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.