Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy Starter Kit Vs. Indy Deluxe Starter Kit?
Staple balls

posted on 16/9/03 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Indy Starter Kit Vs. Indy Deluxe Starter Kit?

as title really, i'm currently leaning to getting the deluxe kit to make my life a bit easier and save hassle.
but is it worth the extra cash?

oh and can/do Mk do slightly bigger chassis for the tall and lardy? (i'm 6'4", reasonably wide)

cheers
alex

[Edited on 16/9/03 by Staple balls]

Browser

posted on 16/9/03 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Alex, I'm 6ft 5in and 15 stone and I fit an MK no problem. Just make sure you don't get a seat with 10 inces of back padding and you'll be fine

Staple balls

posted on 17/9/03 at 04:04 AM Reply With Quote
woo!

cheers, this is a good thing
Staple balls

posted on 20/9/03 at 04:25 AM Reply With Quote
anyoneeeee?

plleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee?
alister667

posted on 20/9/03 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Well I'm going for the deluxe kit myself, so I do think it's pretty good value. Primarily I want a hassle-free build (well up to a point!) so getting all of the bodywork, panels etc of decent quality that I know will fit together fairly painlessly is what I want. MK appear to be pretty sharp on the prices too, so I don't think I'd save much by sourcing the parts elsewhere. I could save money by building the parts myself (in true Lococst style), but as I said I would prefer an easier build.
That's just my thoughts. Good luck.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Staple balls

posted on 20/9/03 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
yeah

that was my thought too, will have to head over there at some stage next week :-)
colibriman

posted on 20/9/03 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
i kinda had something in between...ordered the starter kit,and other bits i knew i would need to get it onto its wheels...and other bits i wanted such as brake pipes...going ok so far... find it awkward having large bits of fibreglass to store cos im not ready for them..
cheers
colin

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alister667

posted on 21/9/03 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
I understand if space is an issue that is the best way to go. I'm lucky, I have plenty of space, and my kit is being delivered in the middle of next week. I quit work Tuesday week (redundancy), then it's full time car bulding for a month or two. I cannot wait!
colibriman

posted on 21/9/03 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
lucky you...
i ignored work for 2 weeks and had good progress...had to go back...so things have slowed right down,its sooooooo frustrating....
i'll just have to keep doin the lottery!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
santcliff

posted on 22/9/03 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
checking out what i got (february, before they did a deluxe kit) and i seem to have all the bits they mention, except the interior panels. I also got the plastic tank and the powder coating, and looking at the price list there a few other bits that would be great time savers.

their prices are always good and if you can aford to get it now then you save on hassle, waiting, and delivery charges, later

s

One o' cross beams gone owt askew ont' treddle

Staple balls

posted on 22/9/03 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
yeah

my current plan is to buy:

indy starter kit
pedal set
brake pipe kit
engine mounts
protech shocks
alu sheet
fuel tank
nose cone grill

because it's quite a bit cheaper than the deluxe, and i don't want too much plastic

alister667

posted on 22/9/03 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Well I've ordered a deluxe kit, blade engine cradle, blade sprocket adapter, stainless steel exhaust, blade gear linkage kit.
That should be enough to get me well started I think.
And I start full time in 8 days. Counting the hours! Can't wait.

Staple balls

posted on 22/9/03 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
oooh, excelent.

i'll be heading Mk ways to have a looksee and order stuff in the next week or 2 i think :-)

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.