Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Fullpints Indy Blade winter up-grade..
fullpint

posted on 17/12/11 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Fullpints Indy Blade winter up-grade..

Well insurance ran out yesterday so I thought why not tidy up the front end a little;
Plans are to remove front suspension (wishbones etc) and give them a paint strip, blast and powder coat.
Question is what colour???
As you may know I have my own plant so I was thinking a selection of colours (not tooo loud tho) to show customers what's on offer..
My Indy is Yellow so I'm thinking either White, Red of a black sparkle metalic!!
I also intend doing the rear end and may be the wheels unless I can find a set of wheels with FAR LESS spokes?
If not I'm thinking White on the rear and green or Satin Black on the front.
I will also be doing the rear drum housings..
Feel free to comment on the colours I have planned but bare in mind this is my tool for advertising..
Watch this space with pics to follow showing before and after photos..
Was gonna make a start today but its far tooooo COLD in my garage.

I've over 28 years in dealing with magnesium wheels. Refurbishment and can powder coat most metal parts. Visit my web site if you wish..
www.tpcs-magnesium-refurbs.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bobinspain

posted on 17/12/11 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
I like the yellow, but why not go for it's complementary colour, blue? to accompany it. Sunny and bright and looks classy.
I'd beware the 'bling' sparkle (IMO). It may show your prowess as a artisan, but----------?
If it was a beach-buggy you were doing, then a 'Billy Smart' colour scheme would be just the ticket.
I appreciate, at the end of the day, it's down to personal taste, (beauty is in the eye of the beholder).
I've gone for (boring) white, including wheels, which set off the black Wilwoods very nicely. Black c/f front arches and white rear with c/f stoneguards. It's a bit difficult to try and make a locost look 'understated.'

fullpint

posted on 17/12/11 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
[img]http://[/img] Description
Description

heres the black sparkle.

I've over 28 years in dealing with magnesium wheels. Refurbishment and can powder coat most metal parts. Visit my web site if you wish..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bobinspain

posted on 17/12/11 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fullpint
[img]http://[/img] Description
Description

heres the black sparkle.

Actually, that looks classy. It's almost a graphite effect. They'll always look clean too; shouldn't show any brake-dust. (I very nearly went for graphite wheels as mid tone between the white and black).
I really like the look of that, but I'm not 100% that it's the right finish to match with yellow.

1 yellow/blue = summer
2. yellow/green = Lotus
3. yellow/black = bumble bee (don't mess with me)
In that order for me.
yellow/red = not my cup of tea. (Billy Smart)

[Edited on 17/12/11 by bobinspain]

fullpint

posted on 17/12/11 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
bumble bee is what people call it at the mo.. You could be right about yellow and blue tho....
I will check out my RAL chart on monday..

fullpint

posted on 24/12/11 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Nose cone off, O/S wishbones off. Will take the N/S apart later and post pics of how the wishbones look prior to blasting and powder coating them.. Still not 100% on want colour yet.. Watch this space..

fullpint

posted on 27/12/11 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
They do say start from the bottom up! Indy looked a little grubby underneath;

Description
Description

So I thought best give her a little scrub;

Description
Description

Wishbones also look like they are in need of a refurb;

Description
Description

So front end is apart now;

Description
Description

Tomorrow I may pop into work start get these parts powder coated; I'm going for Red on the lower wishbones and White on the upper one along with White headlight cups
OMG I hear 100's of you saying..
Also taken the rear drum housing off. Not sure but I may stick with Gloss Black on these...

fullpint

posted on 28/12/11 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Been busy this morning... First task was to paint strip the wishbones, light sheel and drum housings followed by a quick blast;

Description
Description

Ok I could of gone for black, ytellow, silver, blue, green etc but I wanted to be different. Idea being is that people can see what finish can be obtained. I'm going to hand paint the steering arm's so that you can see (should you come across my Indy) just how much better a powder coat finish is.
So here's they are before fitting;

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

bobinspain

posted on 28/12/11 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Why not 'bite the bullet' and go Harlequin? i.e make the whole car an eclectic selection of your powder coating skills.
It removes the decision making process of 'which colour combo?' because you can use the lot.
You'd certainly get noticed and if you didn't like it, then back to being 'Mr Sensible.'

fullpint

posted on 28/12/11 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain
Why not 'bite the bullet' and go Harlequin? i.e make the whole car an eclectic selection of your powder coating skills.
It removes the decision making process of 'which colour combo?' because you can use the lot.
You'd certainly get noticed and if you didn't like it, then back to being 'Mr Sensible.'

Wow you can see where I'm going with this.. As you said it does show off the powder coating. Hence why the Indy has my company details on it. It can only pull in more business if more people stop to take a look..

bobinspain

posted on 28/12/11 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Looking forward to seeing the finished article.
Luckily, living here, I have several pairs of Bolles and Oakleys. Sounds like I'll need 'em all!

fullpint

posted on 29/12/11 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Finally got the wishbones back in place.. Mind you I think the car will need setting up now cause I'm sure its not in-line.. Will need to book it in somewhere!!!
Lights can't go on yet cause my mate is fabricating a new set of brackets for me. These should bring the lights up and out by about 4 inches.. Also got some plastic nut cover caps coming to cover up those nasty bolts and nut

Description
Description

bobinspain

posted on 29/12/11 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Very patriotic ('the last refuge of a scoundrel' according to Samuel Johnson).

I hope the bonnet is going to get the St George's flag emblazoned across it. (The Union flag if not).

TimC

posted on 29/12/11 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fullpint
I think the car will need setting up now cause I'm sure its not in-line.. Will need to book it in somewhere!!!

Description
Description

Give Dave at Track Developments a call on 07977 948883 - 20ish mins from Melksham.

TC

fullpint

posted on 30/12/11 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
on the case Tim,,Thanks..

fullpint

posted on 2/1/12 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Wheels are back on, fitted my MK Indy grill and also put mesh on the back which I painted in Yellow but it does not seem to show up as well in a photo.
Tomorrow I will hopefully see my mate about my headlight brackets. If he can get these done my the weekend I will powder coat them (Pink haha) and re-mount my lights which have changed colour too!!!!!!!!
Description
Description

fullpint

posted on 6/1/12 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Brackets for my lights have been fabricated now. Just need to get them powder coated and re-fit.
So next is that oil change!!! As you may know I had NO sump plug!! So a quick post in the wanted section and WOW with in hours a sump was purchased thanks to Steve H.
It arrived this afternoon and I could not help but to blast it and powder coat it.
Here it is;
Description
Description

I presume no gasket is needed! I will pop to my local motor factor shop and buy a tube of gasket seal and crack on with the oil change

Steve Hignett

posted on 6/1/12 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Looks great!

Was a pleasure...

Great colour too!

And no, no gasket as such, just gasket sealant and not much of it needed for obvious reasons too, like spilling into the sump when compressed...

designer

posted on 8/1/12 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
That's VERY green!!

Are you trying to 'outdo' the Pink Floyd VW Polo?

fullpint

posted on 8/1/12 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
That's VERY green!!

Are you trying to 'outdo' the Pink Floyd VW Polo?

Tiz a little green!!! Good job its under the car out of slight

fullpint

posted on 9/1/12 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Been a busy boy today!! Ok winter up-grade in most cases means a few months but with this mild weather we are having I want to be back on the road.
So today I stripped, blasted, chromated and powder coated the magnesium cam cover in Gold..
Description
Description

Followed by a quick blast and powder coat of the modified lights bracket, done these in a mettalic clear powder coat.
Description
Description

Mounted the freshly powder coated lights
Description
Description

Which brings them out by 3 inches and up by 3 inches so hopefully the beam will pass the nose cone now
Description
Description

Fresh oil is sitting in my nice sump (ok yes a little OTT) and a nice new filter.
Description
Description

My Indy is now off the axle stands and ready to roll into action
Description
Description

Will post a photo at the weekend once she is out the garage..

bobinspain

posted on 9/1/12 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Just think Steve it's all tax-deductible.
Getting paid for your hobby. (Lucky chap).
Gizza job.
Looking good.

Bob.

fullpint

posted on 15/1/12 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Took her out yesterday for a 20 mile run just to check every thing felt good....

YEP all felt just great. Will check a few nuts 'n' bolt today after Ive taken her out for another short blast. Looking good and feels nice.
Next week I will try to get the replacement exhaust on and pop down to CC for a noise check when they have a track day on

fullpint

posted on 11/2/12 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Well my replacement end can (from a Westfield megablade) failed.... Better than 115db but still came in at 108db so I think its a stock R-1 end can thats needs to be fitted for track days..
Still Westfield one does look and sound nice. Will post a pic later along with my BIGGER (!!) lights..
Was nice to go for a drive, was a little cold tho...

Pezza

posted on 12/2/12 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Are you running an air box?
A hell of a lot of noise is from induction.

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.