Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: brake pipes
mad-butcher

posted on 11/4/03 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
brake pipes

a few of you know what I do for a living.so imagine my delight when a customer came in and asked if I would swop so beef burgers and sausage for a barbeque for what he had in a carrier bag.
10 meters of goodridge braided hose and about 8 banjo fittings that just happened to be lying around at work.I of course declined don't want to encourage dishonesty. My A##E.
what I need to know is has anyone piped in an indy drum brake rear end without using that short piece of rigid pipe and bracket the banjo will mount on the slave but you have to slacken the back plate off to get the bolt in. and I'm a bit concerned about the routing
regards
tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Viper

posted on 11/4/03 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
There is a post elsewhere (in sva i think ) about the fittings on the end of braided hose, the wrong fittings will fail sva ...
just in case you hadn't seen it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulbeyer

posted on 11/4/03 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
My Indy has drums on the back and I have run my rubber flexis from a bracket on the chassis direct into the slave cylinder. I don't appear to have any routing issues and didn't see the need for a small section of rigid pipe from the slave cylinder to a bracket fixed to the upright. If you want I can take a picture and post it in the morning.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

paulbeyer

posted on 11/4/03 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
What is a banjo fitting? I know what they look like but what are the benefits over conventional fittings?

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.