Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy with CVH?
liftarn

posted on 22/5/03 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Indy with CVH?

There are Sierras with the CVH instead of Pinto. Can they be used for the Indy?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 22/5/03 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
yes they can, I'm sure it's been done, though personally i wouldn't touch one as a friend used to race one and they were always blowing up and not very tunable apparantly. if i was using a ford lump i'd go pinto for the old reliable, cheap, easy or more likely the new zetec duratec he engine if i could find one at the right price.

All depends what you want from it really.

Andrew.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
liftarn

posted on 22/5/03 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
I just found out that the Sierra was never sold with CVH in Sweden so it would be hard to find and doesn't fullfill the emission requirements anyway. So it looks like the best choise would be the 1988-89 Sierra with the tuned down Pinto.

I'm looking for something inexpensive, reliable and tested for a road car so even if it's tuned down it should be enough for such a light car.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.