Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Sportscars
mackei23b

posted on 19/6/08 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
MK Sportscars

OK at the risk of opening a can of worms regarding the marketing of the MK Indy R chassis, have a look at the attachment to promote the new geometry on the front.

Do you really want to promote minimal camber change on the front, if this was the case we would all have equal length upper and lower wishbones and no camber change!

What you want is the suspension that is designed to ensure that as the chassis roles during cornering the suspension compensates for the role to maintain the best tyre contact with the road and therefore the best grip.

This is meant as a positive criticism as I’ve got an Indy and I thinks it’s great, but I just cringe when I see the marketing of the front suspension for the Indy R and if I did not know better it would put me off!

Please MK, change how you promote the Indy R to reflect its true potential.

Now if am I talking nonesense here, let me know, if not, can someone that knows MK well let them know that they are doing a disservice to a great product.

Cheers

Ian

[Edited on 19/6/08 by mackei23b] Rescued attachment MK Sales.JPG
Rescued attachment MK Sales.JPG

phoenix70

posted on 19/6/08 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
I hope it is just bad marketing info. It was always the rear suspension that had the positive camber under load issue.
Mad Dave

posted on 19/6/08 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
It is an error in the brochure. They asked me write some words but I was out of the country at the time so never did.

The picture clearly shows there is camber gain. I'm sure some people will come along and believe the words though just to stir it up a bit

INDY-R
INDY-R

[Edited on 19/6/08 by Mad Dave]

marco

posted on 19/6/08 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Dave,,

Thought you'd disapeared, have you finished that Triumph MK yet?

Mark

Phil.J

posted on 19/6/08 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be more concerned about the pushrod location on the lower wishbone if that drawing is accurate. It's much too far inboard and will cause a severe bending load in the wishbone, meaning it will have to be constructed out of very heavy material to stop it distorting. A fundamental flaw.
Mad Dave

posted on 19/6/08 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Its not a fundamental flaw. I'm sure ANSYS is a better judge of whether the bending moment is too great.

Think about it Phil. Its actually the same if not more outboard than the usual coil-over!?!

[Edited on 19/6/08 by Mad Dave]

designer

posted on 20/6/08 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
There will always be camber gain as the suspension arms are not the same length.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.