Board logo

question for viper,baby cub seats
Billywhizz - 24/2/03 at 07:57 PM

Viper

I saw the pictures in your photo section of the baby cub seats in your avon, i am thinking of fitting the same, what do you think of them,do they fit well, your advice would be most helpfull.

Cheers
Bill

Viper - 24/2/03 at 09:01 PM

The seats fit into the Avon with 2" either side to spare (very skinny seats).
When i first sat in them in the car i hated them, my fat arse felt like it was hanging off either side!!
I am in the process of making my own seats.. so i might not use the cubs.
saying that i hate them is a little unfair the quality is what you would expect of a seat costing £50 and if you sit in them for a little while they are surprisingly comfy, one thing i am not totaly happy about is they are quite tall and this means i will have to have the steering wheel higher than i would like and because the seat back is just as thick it has pushed me further forward than i have allowed for my pedal box..
All in all they are worth the money and will fit any thing in fact they fit (with ease) into my race seat!
i would suggest you go and have a look at them and sit in them for a minimum of 15 mins.
Best of luck.

Billywhizz - 25/2/03 at 06:46 PM

Cheers for the reply, did you get your seats from midland wheels i sent them a email and they replyed saying they are no longer available,do you know if any where eles sell them for that price?

cheers

Viper - 25/2/03 at 09:49 PM

thats where i got mine from.
i believe Northern wheels used to advertise these seats in the kit car mags. i do recall the chap saying that they didn't have many left when i bought mine.
How soon do you need? them as i might be selling mine soon.

David Jenkins - 26/2/03 at 08:48 AM

I have a pair as well - they do look small, but I manage to fit on them OK (and I'm not exactly skinny! )

I didn't use the runners (they were crap) so my sitting position is really low - I reckon my bum is only an inch or two off the floor. I found that putting the seat against the back panel gave me just the right seating position, so I left it at that.

cheers,

David

Billywhizz - 26/2/03 at 08:03 PM

Viper

I won't be needing the seats for a while yet so if you decide you want to sell yours I would be interested. How far have you got with your avon build now? Ive been a bit slow with mine only just starting to fit the ally panels.

Chees
bill

Viper - 26/2/03 at 10:30 PM

i have just finished building up the rear (pics in photos) as you can see its a bit different to what tiger intended, the tiger supplied wishbones were somewhat, errr how to put this? shite is the only word i can think of, as a welder/fabricator by trade the wishbones scared me silly..I hope yours are better.
good luck with your build.