Board logo

Hotels Near Knockhill
eddie99 - 29/7/13 at 07:15 PM

Hi,

Never been up to Knockhill before, but we're bringing the Pulse up to race in Northern Sports and saloons in 2 weeks time and wondered whether anyone on here can recommend a cheapish hotel nearby.

Thanks in Advance.

blakep82 - 29/7/13 at 07:19 PM

Used the premier inn at bowtrees a few times myself. Decent enough, about maybe 20 minutes away? Its the other side of the kincardine bridge
Is that an smrc meeting? Might come over myself if it is?

eddie99 - 29/7/13 at 07:26 PM

Yep its a DDMC and SMRC Meeting. Sunday the 11th of August, however we plan on testing the Saturday Afternoon. Come find us and say hello if you do make it.

Cheers, i'll have alook at that premier inn.

daniel mason - 29/7/13 at 07:50 PM

that'll be a bit of a trek for you ed! long long way.

omega 24 v6 - 29/7/13 at 08:27 PM

IF i'm not on holiday with swmbo then I will be there with the B.I.L and the BMW compact cup car. I'll come and say hello as well if I'm there. All the hotels etc that I know would mean you coming farther north than the circuit so not much help I'm afraid.
Look for places in Dunfermline ( or that area) and you'll not be far away.

eddie99 - 29/7/13 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
that'll be a bit of a trek for you ed! long long way.

Just a little bit 450miles each way...

We are going purely to showcase the car to a different audience that wouldn't normally get to see the car if we only raced it down south.

& We can bolt the car on slicks which we don't get a chance normally.

omega 24 v6 - 29/7/13 at 08:44 PM

there will be a few really fruity cars in your class including a Noble a BMW m3 with a huge supercharger IIRC etc etc

locogeoff - 29/7/13 at 09:12 PM

Hi

You could have a look at the Halfway House Hotel in Kingseat, I've never stayed there as I live in Kingseat but I have eaten there on many occasions and the food is good pub fare, and pretty close to Knockhill, 20-30m whilst towing at the most.

Worth a look I'd say.

Regards

Geoff

[Edited on 29/7/13 by locogeoff]

eddie99 - 30/7/13 at 08:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
there will be a few really fruity cars in your class including a Noble a BMW m3 with a huge supercharger IIRC etc etc

Current entry list:

http://www.darlington-motor-club.org.uk/datafiles/newsfiles/NSSCC_Knockhill_Entry_2013_5.pdf

We're going in A2

lewisdallas81 - 30/7/13 at 09:47 AM

Hi Ed,

I should be up there for the testing on the saturday afternoon, work comitments provided, will try to pop over to say hi and have a look at the car.

Lewis

eddie99 - 8/8/13 at 08:09 PM

Afraid we won't be up at Knockhill this weekend as a throttle position sensor ruined our day yesterday which meant we didn't get enough running time to run the engine in. However hope to do the croft DDMC round next month.