Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Siera donor option
Anotherdave

posted on 11/9/02 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Siera donor option

If i take the seira donor option would it be better to purchase the tiger avon book, I have read on some that it seems the best option if your building yourself from scratch. So does anyone know if the book is detailed in regards to the chassis, suspension etc.
James

posted on 12/9/02 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
From what I've gathered the build info/detail in the Tiger book is significantly weaker than in the Locost one.
The good thing about the Tiger book is that it's designed for Sierra donor with an IRS option.
So personally I'd have thought the best route is to get both! Use the Tiger book for the rear end (if you're gonna go IRS) and the Locost book for the rest.

HTH,

James

Roeland Uitslager

posted on 12/9/02 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with James. Yesterday I have looked at the "Book", Tiger Avon and Jim McSorely and decided to use the Book and Jim's together with the rear end set up of Tiger Avon.
Anotherdave

posted on 12/9/02 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, It looks like another purchase is on the way.
shaggy

posted on 9/2/03 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Is it easy to convert the tiger back to the book chassie ? Anyone already done it then please tell me how to do it.
Don`t blame me for the spelling, i`m just swedish

Viper

posted on 10/2/03 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
doesn't McSorely supply drawings for the sierra rear end?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kingr

posted on 11/2/03 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
I don't believe Mr. McSorley has done a sierra rear end, there was some talk of it, but of course, there's next to no Sierras in the USA. I would also recommend getting both books, the tiger book doesn't give enough detail and the plans are, to be honest pretty rubbish, but they're good enough for the back end, once you've downloaded the revisions to them (cunningly hidden in the sample pages on their website, at the bottom, named something like builders tips, make of that what you will).

To be honest, as long as you put the suspension mounts in the right place and make the wishbones and uprights the same, you can't go far wrong.

Kingr

Viper

posted on 11/2/03 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
there are sierras in the US they are called merkurs i think, i believe andy rouse contested one in the BTCC while the cossie was being developed..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Browser

posted on 5/3/03 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Correct, the US version of the Sierra was the Merkur (sounds like a Russian swear-word!) and Mr Rouse campaigned the XR4Ti version I think, a sort of turbo'd XR4i for those who remember it.

quote:

why oh why did i buy the Avon?? just take me out he back and shoot me..

Love the signature Viper! I have to agree with you after taking a trot out to Tiger Sportscars (they're about 6 miles from me) and sitting in the Avon demonstrator I thought 'Oh, is this as good as they get?' and then left!

Viper

posted on 5/3/03 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
I wasn't impressed with there demo car but was impressed with a customers car that was there on the open day (pic of which in my photos) and on the strength of that i bought a chassis & body..what a muppet...

gjn200

posted on 5/3/03 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Was that the red metallic one with the wings? I saw it too and bought on that, however I now think that was a very early one and possibly an avon sprint.

<- Me!

Viper

posted on 5/3/03 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Thats the one, the owner told me it was the first Tiger avon sold...if it is a sprint then they have changed the bonnet and nose for Tiger items, I have also ben told the original sprint was very good quality especialy in the bodywork although expensivr..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.