Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: question for viper,baby cub seats
Billywhizz

posted on 24/2/03 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
question for viper,baby cub seats

Viper

I saw the pictures in your photo section of the baby cub seats in your avon, i am thinking of fitting the same, what do you think of them,do they fit well, your advice would be most helpfull.

Cheers
Bill

Viper

posted on 24/2/03 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
The seats fit into the Avon with 2" either side to spare (very skinny seats).
When i first sat in them in the car i hated them, my fat arse felt like it was hanging off either side!!
I am in the process of making my own seats.. so i might not use the cubs.
saying that i hate them is a little unfair the quality is what you would expect of a seat costing £50 and if you sit in them for a little while they are surprisingly comfy, one thing i am not totaly happy about is they are quite tall and this means i will have to have the steering wheel higher than i would like and because the seat back is just as thick it has pushed me further forward than i have allowed for my pedal box..
All in all they are worth the money and will fit any thing in fact they fit (with ease) into my race seat!
i would suggest you go and have a look at them and sit in them for a minimum of 15 mins.
Best of luck.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Billywhizz

posted on 25/2/03 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the reply, did you get your seats from midland wheels i sent them a email and they replyed saying they are no longer available,do you know if any where eles sell them for that price?

cheers

Viper

posted on 25/2/03 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
thats where i got mine from.
i believe Northern wheels used to advertise these seats in the kit car mags. i do recall the chap saying that they didn't have many left when i bought mine.
How soon do you need? them as i might be selling mine soon.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 26/2/03 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
I have a pair as well - they do look small, but I manage to fit on them OK (and I'm not exactly skinny! )

I didn't use the runners (they were crap) so my sitting position is really low - I reckon my bum is only an inch or two off the floor. I found that putting the seat against the back panel gave me just the right seating position, so I left it at that.

cheers,

David

Billywhizz

posted on 26/2/03 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Viper

I won't be needing the seats for a while yet so if you decide you want to sell yours I would be interested. How far have you got with your avon build now? Ive been a bit slow with mine only just starting to fit the ally panels.

Chees
bill

Viper

posted on 26/2/03 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
i have just finished building up the rear (pics in photos) as you can see its a bit different to what tiger intended, the tiger supplied wishbones were somewhat, errr how to put this? shite is the only word i can think of, as a welder/fabricator by trade the wishbones scared me silly..I hope yours are better.
good luck with your build.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.