Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike Cans
uberf1end

posted on 1/5/03 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Bike Cans

I plan to use a standard bike can on my Blade engined ST as I have a standard Stuart Taylor can at the moment and it reads 103db at 3/4 revs which is too much for just about any track day.
However, I am trying to find one that will fit over my ST manifold (approx 2 inch diameter) and most of the bike ones I can find in my local shops join the manifold pipe to the can with a baffle plate (the Fireblade being the obvious example) or the pipe goes right into the can and is fixed inside somehow rather than simply a slip on, with a clamp.

Unfortunately, all of the bike breakers I can locate are at the wrong end of the country for me. So I am finding it difficult getting a close look at any.

Anyone know of any standard bike cans that are simple sleeve/clamp affairs? (and around two inches if poss!)

I think the Honda CBR600 may be but, as I said, I cannot get a good look at any. Also, would using a can for a 600cc bike restrict my power on a 900cc engine?

Jasper

posted on 1/5/03 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
I used a carbon R1 can - £70, it's 2.5" tho', so my local blacksmith took the end in to 2" with a split and my ST manifold just slips inside the end (ohh ehh misses)and clamps tight.

The standard R1 exhaust is quiet too, and looks good, and there are plenty around as they get swapped for louder ones.

uberf1end

posted on 1/5/03 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Jasper.

I am pretty sure I know a bloke locally who can do the same for me, I will investigate.

MK9R

posted on 2/5/03 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
The CBR600 can is a tube that slips over the pipe, but not sure what size.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.