Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rads and fans
sting

posted on 3/5/03 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
rads and fans

can i have some input on what you guys have used especially with a zx9r.
cheers
Sting

locodude

posted on 3/5/03 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Square shape Nissan Micra rad, comes with fan and switch for a fiver. Temp gauge in bike clocks never goes above 3 bars. Just need to cut off a few non-essential brackets off.

Jasper

posted on 3/5/03 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Ditto above (hey twin!), also ran a bypass switch so I can turn the fan on manually from the dash. Fan cut's in loverly above about 85 degrees using existing tempostat in rad.

I binned the original fan though, and bought a Spal high output one from a guy on Findit who seems to have plenty (eddie@white1785.fsnet.co.uk). It was only £15 and really goes.

Wadders

posted on 3/5/03 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, Mark 1 micra here as well, although it was a bloody tight sqeeze into the nosecone, i eventually had to chop 5mm off the breather tube outlet. Nice and light being made from ally and plastic and only cost a tenner, even at the autojumble the going rate for a scabby mark 1 (flat not curved) fireblade rad was £60 .

i]Originally posted by Jasper
Ditto above (hey twin!), also ran a bypass switch so I can turn the fan on manually from the dash. Fan cut's in loverly above about 85 degrees using existing tempostat in rad.

I binned the original fan though, and bought a Spal high output one from a guy on Findit who seems to have plenty (eddie@white1785.fsnet.co.uk). It was only £15 and really goes.

MK9R

posted on 5/5/03 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Micra here too. Cars not on the road so can't comment on efficency, but when we ran it on the test bed is was absolutly fine. See April on my website for mounting picks.
MK9R website

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 5/5/03 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
maestro rad n fan, only get fan on after serious "thrashin"

sting

posted on 6/5/03 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Guys

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.