Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZZR1100. Starting Issues. C model
jossey

posted on 5/8/10 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
ZZR1100. Starting Issues. C model

Hello peoples.

I know daviep has a zzr1100 c model but wanted to ustilise others as im sure he is getting annoyed with my constant questions.

anyway hope your all well.

i tried to wire up my engine last nite fully. and when i turn the ignition on the neutral light comes on.

oil light didnt come on and oil is fine. i have tested that wire and earthed it so the light pops on.

ok next i joined the stand switch together which is just two wires.

i have no clutch and i cant see a cluth lockoff switch so left all that.

So then i connected the battery (my caravan battery fully charged) up and then the starter solenoid to the starter motor.

anywho if i press start i get nothing.

neutral light stays lit on bike and no oil light and no fuel light.

no fuel in the bike by the way.

sooooooo

i tested the starter joined it direct to batttery and it turned over but not started.

i have no water pressure swich attached as im not using the one with the bike im going to modify it.

so im a little lost about what i may have missed.

all fuses checked and ok including the one by the starter solenoid.

HELP ME PLEASE>

dave j

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Miks15

posted on 5/8/10 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
you positive theres no clutch switch?

my bike (not a zzr mind) wont start without the clutch in.

r1_pete

posted on 5/8/10 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
The bike will have had a 'stop / run' switch, have you bypassed that?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 5/8/10 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
The original bike definitely had a clutch switch, so you might want to take a another look for the wires that attached to it.
jossey

posted on 5/8/10 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
cant see the cluth switch or the stop run switch lol

ill have to have a look again. i still have the bars in one piece so ill have a look around.

thanks all.

does anyone know what the swicthes look like.

Miks15

posted on 5/8/10 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
most liekly a bit like this

Rod Ends

posted on 5/8/10 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
It's a clutch lever switch.
russbost

posted on 5/8/10 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
zzr1100 defo has both kill switch &clutch switch. IIRC the clutch switch is a small microswitch mounted adjacent to the lever

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jossey

posted on 5/8/10 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
thanks russ. :O)

microswitch i have found now. :O) thanks all.

just the kill switch now i thinks.

still wont start with the stand switch wired and ignition on and micro switch pressed :O(

where is the kill switch?

when i turn the ignition on the nuetral comes on and then if i turn it again it goes off.

is the ignition position on when the neutral light comes on?

then i just press start?

confused.

david Johnson

Miks15

posted on 5/8/10 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
the stand switch shouldnt be a problem, on my bike the stand switch cuts the fuel pump if you arent in neutral. (found out once in a petrol station after trying about 10 times to get the thing to move, then realising i had the stand up was rather embarressing!)

Normally i dont think the kill switch will stop it turning over, it will just kill the ignition, thats how it is on most bikes ive ridden.

have you checked all your wires go to where they should? and all fuses are fine?

Are you trying to start it in the bike? or has the engine been taken out and trying to start on a bench or in the car?

daviep

posted on 5/8/10 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
As suggested sounds like you are missing the clutch switch referred to in the manual as "starter lockout switch"

Have a look around your loom near the LH handlebar for a 2pin connector with the wire colours Yellow with Green trace and a Light Green.

There should also be a 9 pin connector near by and one of the wires should be Black with a Yellow trace.

To start the engine when in neutral you need to join the 2 pin connector together, Yellow/Green connected to Light Green.

To start the engine in gear the Yellow/Green should be connected with the Black/Yellow.

The above are as the bike would function. If you want to bypass the neutral switch and can't find/access the 9 pin connector then connecting the Yellow/Green from the 2 pin plug to erth is just the same.

Davie

Edited: to change RH handlebar to LH

[Edited on 5/8/10 by daviep]

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

jossey

posted on 5/8/10 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
cheers all.

ill see how i get on.

thanks

daviep

posted on 5/8/10 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
You didn't say but I'm presuming that you are using the complete bike loom and have the clocks and both switch gear from each handle bar and all the other relay's and junction boxes?

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

jossey

posted on 5/8/10 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
ye sorry i got the whole bike with the loom but the loom was disconnected and un labeled.

with the cluth switch in and the stand switch wired up.
all fuses ok.

but when i press start i hear Nothing.

so im a little lost.

maybe another kill switch but i can find any.

gonna try hot wire the shutoff switch from the clutch and see if it helps

:O)

russbost

posted on 5/8/10 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Try tripping the starter from the starter solenoid/relay, it should turn over but not start that would at least confirm you have power getting to the solenoid & starter, then a question of working your way back from there.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 5/8/10 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

this is a the wiring diagram you need wire it like so and in a kit car it should start this is for a C model

c model
c model

jossey

posted on 8/8/10 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
thanks all for your input. ill work on checking the wiring.

thanks for all your help.

cheers

dave

greengti

posted on 6/3/13 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

Apologies in advance, I am not building a locust but I would still really appreciate some help...

I am building a chopper motor bike with a zzr1100 engine in it. I was on google looking for wiring diagrams to make a custom loom for it and came across this thread. The diagram is really helpful. I did however have a question re the gauge which should be used... Should I be looking a 1mm 8.5 amp wire or should I play it safe with 2mm 17.5amp... Or a mix maybe ..

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

jossey

posted on 6/3/13 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by greengti
Hi all,

Apologies in advance, I am not building a locust but I would still really appreciate some help...

I am building a chopper motor bike with a zzr1100 engine in it. I was on google looking for wiring diagrams to make a custom loom for it and came across this thread. The diagram is really helpful. I did however have a question re the gauge which should be used... Should I be looking a 1mm 8.5 amp wire or should I play it safe with 2mm 17.5amp... Or a mix maybe ..

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

Adam,

I'm using 1mm 8.5 amp.

If you need any engine parts let me know in using 1 engine and I have a full one in spares.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

David. Zzr1100 kitcar

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

maccmike

posted on 6/3/13 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
i used that wiring diagram, worked a treat
mr T

posted on 7/3/13 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if this is any help but does it have a tilt switch?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.