Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any CBR919 near SN13 area?
fullpint

posted on 5/2/12 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Any CBR919 near SN13 area?

I'm after a peek at your chole set-up. I had a member give me a choke cable and I also purchased a mini type cable so that one day I can run it thru into the dash.
However my problem is; When I pull the choke cable every thing works fine and the engine starts on the button first time. The ONLY way to turn the choke off is to manual push the choke rod plate back towards the bulkhead. Question is should there be some sort of return spring to aid the return of the choke rod plate

I've over 28 years in dealing with magnesium wheels. Refurbishment and can powder coat most metal parts. Visit my web site if you wish..
www.tpcs-magnesium-refurbs.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dangle_kt

posted on 5/2/12 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
I don't have my car anymore, but the choke plate was spring loaded on mine, had to keep it pushed on with my finger or it the choke would switch off.

I always intended fittin the choke cable I had, but never got round to it.

mark chandler

posted on 5/2/12 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
On the choke bracket on the carbs they should be a spring like you find in a click top pen, this sits at the end of the mechanism on a couple of lugs.

Regards Mark

fullpint

posted on 5/2/12 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark; That sounds like what I should have!!
Just took a pic, if you have a look I presume the pen like springs (4 off??) fit into the gap. 3 being the same size and one needed to be a bit longer!!
Description
Description

I've over 28 years in dealing with magnesium wheels. Refurbishment and can powder coat most metal parts. Visit my web site if you wish..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark chandler

posted on 5/2/12 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
That's it, spring goes under the slide on that lug
fullpint

posted on 5/2/12 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Will drop an email to David Silver to see if they have a set in stock.. Cheers;

tony.g

posted on 5/2/12 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Check this diagram out I think it's no 10
I will try and take a photo of mine later.
http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_motorcycle_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=13MW0N41&block_02=E__1800&block_03=1158

fullpint

posted on 5/2/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tony.g
Check this diagram out I think it's no 10
I will try and take a photo of mine later.
http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_motorcycle_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=13MW0N41&block_02=E__1800&block_03=1158

That would be good mate. So it's only 2 springs that are needed?

Proby

posted on 5/2/12 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Off the top of my head, I think there is only one spring, at the one end. Will take a pic and post it tomorrow if needed.
tony.g

posted on 5/2/12 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
There is only a spring on my rear carb, and there is a photo in my photo archive.
I don't know how to put it on this page.
I hope this helps.

Tony

Chippy

posted on 5/2/12 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
This one? Cheers Ray
[img] choke spring
choke spring
[/img]

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

fullpint

posted on 6/2/12 at 06:14 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers all, makes me wonder why mine was taken off!! Or may be the previous owner(s) didnt feel the need to carry the extra weight

brookie

posted on 6/2/12 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
i got the 919 and dont have one fitted at all
fullpint

posted on 6/2/12 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brookie
i got the 919 and dont have one fitted at all

How do you get on with a cold start?
Ok David Silver have come back but it's not clear how many compression springs are needed. That diagram shows item number 10 (2 off) and also number 9.. Also want £4 each for a sprng

brookie

posted on 7/2/12 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
i dont in the winter but spring and summer fine

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.