Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Kitcar Company at NEC - Mazda based Yellow car, very Wesfield like, has been in a mag refresh me of there name!
dhutch

posted on 14/1/13 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Kitcar Company at NEC - Mazda based Yellow car, very Wesfield like, has been in a mag refresh me of there name!

Couldnt talk for long, took a card, lost it, but would be interested to find out a bit more!

Apprently its a customers car and has been kitcar mag recently, very tidy build.

Daniel

adithorp

posted on 14/1/13 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Road Runner SR2

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

dhutch

posted on 14/1/13 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Road Runner SR2

Yes! I knew it started with an 's' ....

FASTdan

posted on 14/1/13 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
It looked a nice car that :-)

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Alfa145

posted on 14/1/13 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, It's a RoadRunner SR2. MX5 based. Built by a guy near Barnsley.

Magazine article is in this months Complete KitCar. 6 pages of it. And there is more to come in next months magazine too. And apologies for getting my fat ass on the front cover (I'm the one in the camo trousers ripping parts of MX5 out)

[Edited on 14/1/13 by Alfa145]

jacko

posted on 14/1/13 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alfa145
Yup, It's a RoadRunner SR2. MX5 based. Built by a guy near Barnsley

He lives in Newport/ Gilberdyke near HULL

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 14/1/13 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Didnt it (the company) have a couple owners in past few years, and a challenge from westfield of the bonnet style? Or am I imagining things?!

Mistral Motorsport

Alfa145

posted on 14/1/13 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
quote:
Originally posted by Alfa145
Yup, It's a RoadRunner SR2. MX5 based. Built by a guy near Barnsley

He lives in Newport/ Gilberdyke near HULL

The RoadRunner factory is at Gilberdyke but the guy that built the yellow car in question lives near Barnsley

jacko

posted on 14/1/13 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
HA HA i see and misunderstood
I must start to read and wear my glasses

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzo

posted on 14/1/13 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
It does look very like the new Westfield bodywork from the front! i was sure it was a westie when i saw one!
gaz_gaz

posted on 15/1/13 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
How does this car compare to a mk or mnr in terms of handling and quality of the kit?
Anyone able to offer an opinion?

nige

posted on 15/1/13 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
u2u rash
he bought the first one built that he is completing
he has been to the factory and speaks highly of them

when you start this journey
you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

dhutch

posted on 15/1/13 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzo
It does look very like the new Westfield bodywork from the front! i was sure it was a westie when i saw one!
Yes, and me, the whole shape of the bodywork is very westfeild (and thats coming from an owner of one) although the chassis is clearly quite a bit diffrent so it would be interesting to hear if anyone has any thoughts on the handling.

Daniel

Alfa145

posted on 15/1/13 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Not been out in it but I've tried to keep up with the one you saw at Autosport and it's very difficult. According to the guy that built it, it's handles fantastically.

Roadrunner have a car at Blyton for hire I believe and they also go over there a fair bit and do passenger rides I believe.

Best thing you can do is find one local to you or see if you can get to the factory for a ride out in one. Maybe even contact the factory and see if they can put you in touch with a local owner.

Tazzzzman1

posted on 16/1/13 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Roadrunner Sr2

Hi,
Thought I'd introduce myself as it appears my car got a bit of attention...

The yellow car atthe autosport show was mine. Took me 11 months to build and currently has the standard MX5 1.8 engine, however plan to upgrade with an M45 Supercharger later this year and also add a surrey top.

Yes I'd agree on the Westie look. Possibly the moulds were lifted from the Westie? however differeing in the fact that the Westie bonnet/ nose is 2 piece where as the SR2 is 1 piece + some additional vents. Also some nice subtle changes at the rear end.
Most importantly the build cost is about 1/2 that of a Westie without compromise on quality or performance.

I'd have to say the kit was a dream to build (in comparison to the Robin Hood 2B I had before.

To answer the handling queries, IMHO it is one of the best handling 7's out there (I've driven MK's Westies, Caterhams on track). Chassis was helped/ developed by several race drivers including Rob Boston (MX5 racing UK/ Euro champ). A lot of thought has been put into suspension set up which is where you can see the racing pedigree come into it. So far 1500 miles and no issues.

As stated a good write up in this months CKC mag with a follow up on the finished car next month.

I think she came out looking pretty good with performance to match...........grins all around

As soon as I work it out how I will add some photos, in the mean time a link to my build diary (not yet finished)

Roadrunner Sr2 build Diary

[Edited on 16/1/13 by Tazzzzman1]

[Edited on 16/1/13 by Tazzzzman1]

Tazzzzman1

posted on 19/1/13 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Photos

Managed to work out how to add some photo's at last...

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.