Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Secure Phone Mount? This avionics one looks good.....
M@rk

posted on 4/11/18 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Secure Phone Mount? This avionics one looks good.....

Has anyone got any secure and martial friendly methods to securely mount a phone in the car? I’ve seen these which look very good, but a) they’re based in the States and don’t list a ship to uk option, and b) I’m not convinced the GPS signal would be strong mounted like that

https://www.guardianavionics.com/product.asp?itemid=26

loggyboy

posted on 4/11/18 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Something to 3d print?
Gps doesnt need perfect line of sight. My android headunit i put in the bmw came with a gps sensor that i stashed behind the dash intending to move to the screen at a later date. But it works perfectly where it is.

Mistral Motorsport

JC

posted on 4/11/18 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
When mounted in aircraft it is fairly common to use a Bluetooth GPS to get a better signal. Possibly not a Locost solution, but we use a bad elf GPS!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 5/11/18 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
I used one of these below for a while.

Its got rubber on the magnet so never fell off but used to turn round on track days by spinning. So I put a second on it and have a specific case with two magnet stickers one top and one bottom and the phone sits sidewards on carbon dash. Works perfect for Harry's lap timer with GPS and sat nav Google maps. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
WallerZero

posted on 5/11/18 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
I have a soft silicone case riveted to the dashboard. Easy to push in and get out, cheap as chips for when I change my phone too

http://zachsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk/

davspeed

posted on 5/11/18 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
I've used velcro to fasten mine to the top of the tunnel, it hasn't moved yet in the car but does stick in my fleece pocket a bit.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.