Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flatshiift back to front!
Rob55

posted on 19/4/19 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
Flatshiift back to front!

I have an SBD Flatshifter, acquired second hand, which is installed on my Gen 2 Megabusa. I've just recently completed the build and noticed that the Flatshifter is working back to front - ie it is blipping on the upshift and cutting on the downshift

I have a cable operated gear change which is mounted below the pivot point on the Hayabusa gearbox - this means it pulls for upshift and pushes for downshift. I can't easily move it above the pivot point so was wondering if anyone can confirm would it be possible instead to reverse the wiring in the multi plug? I hope this would then leave me the right way around.

Tried SBD today but they are closed for Easter and would like to have a go at fixing this weekend..

hobbsy

posted on 20/4/19 at 01:01 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know for sure but logically it sounds like a good idea. It's backwards now, what's the worst that could happen?

Edited to say, maybe ignore my avatar hehe

[Edited on 20/4/19 by hobbsy]

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 20/4/19 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
Could you reverse the pivot on the other end of the cable?
Make a fake pivot (you add a bar with a pivot on the middle connect the cable to the left of the bar and the right to the engine or shifter to reverse actions)

(Trying to suggest an alternative to cutting cables)

hobbsy

posted on 20/4/19 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
May not need to cut anything as with a lot of multi plugs you can remove the individual pins with a thin screwdriver to bend the locks tabs etc
Rob55

posted on 20/4/19 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
I have the heat shrink pulled back on the multi plug, three wires red green and blue.. wonder which ones to swap around?
hobbsy

posted on 20/4/19 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Use a multimeter. I'd guess the middle wire will be the common and then you'll see a resistance change between the other pins depending on the direction pulled.

You could always ask SBD, is it made by them or a rebranded item? A photo here would help. I have seen the same shift sensors used across multiple systems.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.