Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: EBC clutch plates
smart51

posted on 28/10/05 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
EBC clutch plates

I've just bought a set of EBC clutch plates for my R1 engine of eBay. they look just like the ones I've taken out. I also mic'd them up at 2.9mm thickness (with my gauge of unproven accuracy). The haynes manual says that the working range is 3.1 to 2.9. The ones in my engine may have been EBC to start with or the seller may have replaced his plates with EBC ones and sold me his old plates in the EBC box.

What do EBC plates look like?

mnr laptop

posted on 28/10/05 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
hi colin

they should be a lightish green colour if they are unused, if they have been used then they are a green / brown colour, can you take a pic of one

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
smart51

posted on 28/10/05 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, no digital camera.

The plates are sort of brown speckled colour. Do they normally come wrapped in plastic or anything? these just came in the EBC box. It's not looking good is it?

ChrisGamlin

posted on 28/10/05 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
They would be a bit oily if they were used, try putting them on a bit of plain paper and pushing them down onto it as hard as you can, if they are used I would think they would make a bit of a print on the paper.

smart51

posted on 28/10/05 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
just looked at the ebc brakes direct web site. the standard clutch is brown and the SRC clutch is green. Maybe they are the right ones.

Does anyone know the web address of the EBC site? no luck with google - it just sends me to bike parts shops.

mnr laptop

posted on 28/10/05 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
they sound like they are ok, try lightly scrapping the surface with some sand paper and see if that is the same colour

the ebc one we get just come in a box loose

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
smart51

posted on 29/10/05 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Oops [sheepis grin]. It seems that EBC do ordinary clutch plates as well as the kevlar ones. The ones I bought were the ordianary ones. Still, at least I didn't pay too much for them, they're just not the bargain I thought they were. You live and learn.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.