Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WILL SOMEONE TAKE ME FOR A TEST DRIVE
GEORGE80

posted on 29/10/05 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
WILL SOMEONE TAKE ME FOR A TEST DRIVE

I HAVE A PINTO POWERED PINTO INDY, I AM TRYING TO FIND SOME ONE WHO WILL SCARE ME IN THERE BEC AS I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN ONE, JUST WANT TO SEE IF THEY ARE AS GOOD AS YOU MAKE OUT BEFORE I RIP MY OLD CAR ENGINE OUT? I'M IN LINCS BOSTON, THANKS
donut

posted on 29/10/05 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
No need to shout mate (take the caps off!!)

Where do you live?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
indykid

posted on 29/10/05 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
in boston, lincolnshire per chance

tom

mookaloid

posted on 29/10/05 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
You could scare yourself by tuning your pinto to kick out 200BHP - you could also scare the BEC engine boys with that
Tim 45

posted on 29/10/05 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Why not go for a more powerful car engine, a lot of people seem to be installing vauxhall and duratec engines, which seem easier to install and offer the benefit of going into a type 9 gearbox? Also they offer pretty impressive power figures for not a lot of money.

smart51

posted on 29/10/05 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
You could scare yourself by tuning your pinto to kick out 200BHP - you could also scare the BEC engine boys with that

200 BHP out of a pinto gives the same power to weight as 150 BHP from a bike engine. Asside from the slower gear changes and needing to change more often in a 0 - 60 sprint, your pinto may match a BEC for acceleration and even beat it for top speed, although the extra weight will still affect handling and braking. It may be an easier route to performance than changing engine.

Also, you could change your pinto for a 2.0 zetec. More powerful and lighter plus you can keep the same gearbox, maybe. It might be a bit easier to get that 200 BHP out of a zetec than a pinto.

Hellfire

posted on 29/10/05 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
200 BHP Pinto engine........... scare the BEC boys?........... I think not (well, possibly in reverse! )

George80, if you can get yourself to MK on a Saturday morning, we'll have a go at scaring you Alternatively, just rip the boat anchor out, stick a blade in it and then scare yourself.

[Edited on 29-10-05 by Hellfire]

big_wasa

posted on 29/10/05 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hi George I work in Boston and am still working on mine (cec).So any chance youd give us a ride in yours as I havnt been in any 7 yet

PLEASE..........

mookaloid

posted on 29/10/05 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
200 BHP Pinto engine........... scare the BEC boys?........... I think not (well, possibly in reverse! )

George80, if you can get yourself to MK on a Saturday morning, we'll have a go at scaring you Alternatively, just rip the boat anchor out, stick a blade in it and then scare yourself.

[Edited on 29-10-05 by Hellfire]

He he

Seriously though, you can get a lot more out of what you have without a load of hassle changing your entire drivetrain.

Of course bike engines are very fast but only when you get on a track so it's only really any good if that's what you are going to do with it. - If you are then go ahead if that's what you fancy

cheers

Mark

serendipity123

posted on 29/10/05 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
have a chat with andy (ash) he lives in the area and has a indiblade
GEORGE80

posted on 30/10/05 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
test drive bec

I will! where are mk engineering, and what time does it open? thanks
Hellfire

posted on 30/10/05 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
MK Sportscars

They are open from about 9:00 on Saturdays. We usually get there for about 10:00ish

kevano

posted on 30/10/05 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
get rid of that old cast lump! i was seriously looking at a zetec before i bought my blade, they're just not in the same league, most people suggest that they are a bit of a pain on the road but i've done about 2k miles in mine this year and it's no prob' at all. Another major plus point is the obvious six speed sequential box,11k red line and that awesome soundtrack!!!!
GEORGE80

posted on 30/10/05 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
hey kevano
thanks for repling to my post on wheel sizes, they all say no more than 15" but looking at yours 17's it is, very nice car indeed, you say your seeling it? how much is one like your worth?
and thanks helfire i'll try and be there sat morning, appreciate that,

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.