Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what type of exhaust
carnut

posted on 30/4/03 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
what type of exhaust

Im ready for an exhaust but am unsue what to get. I want a tuned length system as power is very importent to me.

Problem is i cant make it myself as i dont have the gear. (it must be tig welded as it gives a smoother inside surface).
Is it worth getting it made in stainless rather than mild steel?
The place ive been thinking about getting it made is zorstec, has anyone had anything made by them? if so whats it like?

Tony Law has a good reputation but only work in mild steel so thats no good to me and aparently the westfield blackbird exhaust isnt much use.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 1/5/03 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
I've not heard of Zostec but TOny Law have done a lot of BEC exhausts and as you say have a good reputation.
You could always get it done by them in mild steel (which is less prone to cracking) and get it Camcoated for about £100. Speak to Peter Carter there and mention the Bike Engine'd Car Club (the Yahoo BEC list) and he might give you a discount as I know him thru a racing friend of mine and said he'd set up a discount for us.

Chris

[Edited on 1/5/03 by ChrisGamlin]

B3Saxo

posted on 1/5/03 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Could'nt you use a Micron or some other make exhaust?

In lovley carbon fibre! Won't burn your legs either!

Another quality post from B3Saxo!

ChrisGamlin

posted on 1/5/03 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thats just a silencer tho B3Saxo, I think carnut is after something to join the engine to the silencer as well
ned

posted on 1/5/03 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like you need some pipes and a manifold then?? hehe.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carnut

posted on 1/5/03 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Yes its the pipework that i need.

How long would a mild steel exhaust system last?

Ive just looked at the camcoating website and am unsure about its protection and durability. If anyone knows more about how long it lasts I would be most greatful.

carnut

posted on 1/5/03 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Does anyone know of any companys that make pipework in stainless steel?
ChrisGamlin

posted on 1/5/03 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Camcoat is very durable, will last 2-3 years at least and as long as the coating is on there, it wont rust. Its used a hell of a lot in all sorts of things including a huge amount of motorsport related stuff. Do a search on most motorsport / kit car derived message boards and I bet you'd find nothing but praise for the product and service.

Example on Blatchat

Having said that, it might not work out much cheaper than a stainless system overall. Have a search on the Yahoo BEC list, the question about exhaust fabricators pops up quite regularly and there are a few other recommended people, but I cant remember them offhand.

Chris

MK9R

posted on 1/5/03 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Don't westfield make a manifold for their mega bird? Use their manifold and a bike can, well thats my plan anyway, get the manifold from chesterfield sports cars and bolt a bike can on the end of that

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 1/5/03 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Not to be a party pooper but was sure I read on here somewhere that the westfield won't fit...

Probably not to hard to alter as must be nearly there, if this is the case.

Andrew. (prepares to be corrected)

beware, I've got yellow skin

StuartA

posted on 1/5/03 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
You could try a guy called Nick Paravanni at Custom Fabrications in Attleborough (Norfolk). He has come highly recommended to me, although have only seen pictures of his work. He does a lot of custom work in stainless (apparently).

Number is 01953 454573

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.