Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GSXR1400
carnut

posted on 6/5/03 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
GSXR1400

Anyone know roughly how much power this produces and how heavy it is. Ive seen a few for sale and wondered if it would be suitable. Also are they reliable or do they need any modifications?
ChrisGamlin

posted on 6/5/03 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
Isnt it actually a GSX1400 (no "R" ), which is basically a detuned but stroked 'busa engine, about 105bhp and a nice whack of torque?
It probably wouldnt be the last word in performance (certainly not 'busa levels, maybe on par with a blade, though less revvy, less power and heavier, so maybe not), but if it has the same sump design as a busa etc, then you can expect the same need for a dry sump if going on track, so will bump up the cost considerably

Chris

[Edited on 6/5/03 by ChrisGamlin]

mad max

posted on 6/5/03 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
The GSX 1400 engine bares no resemblance to a Busa engine and is an air/oil cooled unit (yuk!) its origins are more likely to be from the bandit/ old gsx-r stable ie. designed in the early 80's, other downsides are they only have 5 gears, 105hp, are quite big in size and only produce power to about 7k rpm, unless dirt cheap I'd give it a miss, they do have 120n-m of torque though at 5k!
ChrisGamlin

posted on 6/5/03 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Soz, as I said, I was asking the question whether is was a busa based engine

Ur probably right though, will be based on the GSXR1100 engine probably

mad max

posted on 6/5/03 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Chris, didn't realise the way I had worded the above post seemed a bit sharp, hope you didn't take offence I hadn't read your post properly or my own for that matter, must be the bang on the head I sustained at Stonleigh, can't even remember my own name at the moment!
ChrisGamlin

posted on 6/5/03 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Nah none taken at all , in fact I was apologising cos the way my post read seemed to say that it WAS a busa based engine, when what I meant to do was ask the question more than state a fact

Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.