Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mistrale Update
JC

posted on 23/2/10 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Mistrale Update

Been a while since I updated progress. My blog has been updated - click the link below -but in a nutshell, pedals now made, floor attached and started work on the fuel tank (gulp!). Chassis now partly primered! The 'to do' list is now getting shorter! I have also some new alloys, 15" as the previous 14" ones fouled on the rear brake calipers. Feeling cautiously optimistic for a finish this year.........
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JC

posted on 20/11/10 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Another update to the blog - progress is still sporadic but the 'to do' list is getting gradually shorter - although a chaotic summer has put paid to any chance of a finish this year!! Click the www below!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JC

posted on 18/7/11 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
My blog has been updated with the latest photos of my 'progress'! Bought oil/fuel filters at the weekend ready to attempt a start for the first time Electrics will be temporary, as will the fuel tank but I want to make sure the engine works (see electrics thread linky) before I start removing superfluous wiring!!!

Fingers crossed, extinguisher ready.....

JC

posted on 14/8/11 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
For those not following the thread in the electrics section, my Blog now has the details of my attempts to start the engine this weekend!!!

Hopefully good news soon!

Big thanks to big_wasa, Ed (madinventions) and RichN for the help and support that kept me going!!

My electrics thread

JC

posted on 3/10/12 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Just to let you know I'm still alive! As I am now 'between jobs' (hopefully not for too long....) I have been able make a little progress recently - half of the central tunnel is done, inluding a cover for the throttle linkage and the bulkhead is welded in. Progress with photos is on my Blog, more to come over the next few weeks!

Cheers!

JC

JC

posted on 6/12/12 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
And another small update on my Blog, making good progress now - have at least purchased the light for the end of the tunnel, if not got round to installing it!! Feel free to add comments....
JC

posted on 1/10/14 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, it's been so long since I posted an update! My excuse is simply that I haven't had time for any major works and have been pottering for an hour or so here and there! However, I am now faced with the possbility of decent progress over the next few weeks! I have been playing with fibreglass and have made some of the small panels that give the car some shape. Today, I also began to seriously tackle the nose - I have a beetle engine lid that I have hacked about and have now started to make it look better. Pictures of all these to follow when it is light enough.

I have also moulded a copy of the bike screen I am using:

screen
screen

The original screen

Taped up
Taped up

Covered in parcel tape as a release agent!

in mould
in mould

Fibreglass lay up

untrimmed
untrimmed

Out of the mould.

Hopefully more progress tomorrow - off to get a hobby weld cylinder so I can finish all those little jobs!!!

JC

posted on 28/1/15 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
I have made update to my Blog detailing recent progress, if anyone is interested! I've settled into a new more stable work pattern now so hopefully I can make some real progress towards finishing........
JC

posted on 23/3/15 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
More progress - this time paint and welding the steering link!!!

Bit lonely this thread though....

scudderfish

posted on 23/3/15 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hello!
JC

posted on 23/3/15 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
And hello to you sir!
HowardB

posted on 23/3/15 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hello. ....

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

JC

posted on 23/3/15 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
...and the same to you too.

Oh boy, I've started it now...

Angel Acevedo

posted on 23/3/15 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JC
More progress - this time paint and welding the steering link!!!

Bit lonely this thread though....

Hey. Don't worry.
Your blog is being read.
At least you are building instead of scratching....
Keep up the good work.
Also remember it is a hobby.

Best regards.

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 23/3/15 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Another reader
JC

posted on 12/10/17 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Just though a little update was due - full details on the blog! You may have seen my efforts at testing the water to sell my car - no real takers so I made a concerted assault on the electrics - found the gremlin that was frustrating me (loose relay connection) and have got on with sorting the dash! I used waterproof connectors for most things - seemed sensible given the nature of the car...
The Ford Fog light switch refused to function, even when replaced, so a cheapy one was sourced from a local auto factors - I wanted to make sure it worked before forking out for something expensive like a savage!! All I need to do now is secure the connectors and start tidying the rest of the wiring and that will be electrics complete!!

Dash
Dash

Dash 2
Dash 2

Wiring
Wiring

HowardB

posted on 12/10/17 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
looks good - like the professional looking connectors

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.