Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ok, what about this.....?
sgraber

posted on 8/6/03 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B

I could not stand back before and honestly know if I liked or not......difficult judging you own work...now I do know...

That is the car I will make....

I think that is a wise choice. IMHO the new design has the potential to make it huge! Although I'd still like to see what you are doing with the windscreen and the superstructure. Any idea what the headlights will look like now? C'mon, time to whip out the 3D visualizations again!

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 8/6/03 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
I hear you Terry, but it will be worth the challenge... At least now the target to aim for is clear...

Again, thanks everyone for the overwhelming thumbs up for this design...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 8/6/03 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Steve,

My designer is now onboard officially to help wth the project.....I'll post the comcepts of other views when I get them...

The really good thing is that he is happy to work with the basic shape, which he likes...also he is very practical, knowing this has to be built too....

My first impressions...Wow, this is like something straight from a major manufacturers concept presentation at a show....

Like the the shape or not...it looks professional IMO....not kit-like.....

Nothing wrong with kits of course, but too many original designs are not professinal looking...again I stress..IMO

Winston

posted on 8/6/03 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
Winston - Steve suggested gills too....damn Yanks...

Yeah, when he mentioned gills it really struck a chord. I'm in total agreement. Steve also drew the line between the current BMW Z4 styling and this concept... I just think there's a bit of Lotus (Elise, Esprit) styling in there, too. All in all, excellent company. I admittedly am not too fond of the BMW Z4 because I think it's a bit overboard and awkward in places, but I'm pleased to say that the concept's resemblace is limited to the good points of the Z4's styling

-Winston

stephen_gusterson

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
I promised id take a look and comment, and here it is.

I have always been impressed with your meerkat from the point of view that its a massive undertaking and all that effort has to be admired. It also makes me feel better that there is someone thats even more nuts than me in the ambition of making a more complicated car than a std locost.

From the point of view of my car, i would improve the rea a bit cos it looks a bit on the tall side. when its in a state to photo again, I will post some piccys and promote some discussion. Its bloody staying as it is tho cos im spending way too much time on it already!

From the point of view of my actual appreciation of the meerkat, its always looked a bit to 'in your face' to me. From the point of view that its a bit too 'square' in some areas - I think from memory the front wings are a bit like that.

It wasnt really the kinda car I would have bought, but I would have found it interesting and distinctive.

The car in the piky - which seems in many ways so much like your std car I was wondering if you were spoofing at first, is really quite a lovely car.

It even passed my 15 year olds 'cool car' test.

I cant see anything, from the pic, that I would say you should change.

If you built the meerkat along those lines I recon you have added a much bigger potential market. I would by one of those over the sporty looking (whatever its called - GT1?) car sold by MK engineering.

Hope its not too painful nmaking the changes. Whatever you do, you do it knowing you are gonna make lots of em and get some dosh.

in my case im just making the one and its costing me a fair bit of dosh!

really nice looking evo of the car......but I think that terminology has been taken

atb

valkyrie man

Alan B

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Steve,

Yep, the 15 yo cool test was passed here too.....

Funny thing is the last time I was in the kit business I never did own one myself....hope history doesn't repeat itself..

stephen_gusterson

posted on 10/6/03 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
a bit more from my 15 yo

he recons the roll bar would look better as two hoops like the audi tt, or dare i say the streetka.

atb

steve

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.