Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Inspired to... sit and design
sgraber

posted on 28/6/03 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, Great line drawings!

I really appreciate your advice regarding this area. I think you have helped me immensely!

This is my first full ground up frame-up project and I am flying blind in a lot of ways. Anyone else feel that way, or is it just me? I have been struggling with this bracing thing for a long time. Thinking that I would end up adding a bunch of extra tubes that did nothing and missing a critical one.

So thanks again. What I will do now is mock up the chassis engine bay in 3DS and upload a rendering for one last lookover.

Steve G.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spyderman

posted on 29/6/03 at 12:29 AM Reply With Quote
Chris,

Edit is above your post on right.
3 small icons. It is the first.
Might need to scroll page over a bit to see it.

Terry

Spyderman

ProjectLMP

posted on 29/6/03 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
When I added the bracing around my engine bay on my chassis model it really made a big difference to the overall stiffness of the rear of the car. I think it is worth the effort and hassle to come up with something in this area even if it has to be bolt in. A lot of chassis seem to neglect this area and I don't think are very stiff as a result.

I have been following your build steve and the car is looking good. Do you plan on running the car without the bodywork? I am going to do some extensive testing of mine on the track before I commit to making the buck. I figure its better to discover any fundamental flaws early on when you can modify the chassis easily.

Home of the Astronomicalcost Mid engined LMP project

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 29/6/03 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
More renderings! Here are a few different renders of what is rapidly becoming a birdcage... The plan is indeed to make the chassis drivable and play with it like a go-kart for a while. If it handles well, I won't scrap it and buy a Meerkat. Rescued attachment Cradle1.jpg
Rescued attachment Cradle1.jpg

Steve Graber

sgraber

posted on 29/6/03 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Another View... Rescued attachment Cradle2.jpg
Rescued attachment Cradle2.jpg

Steve Graber

Alan B

posted on 29/6/03 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgraber
... The plan is indeed to make the chassis drivable and play with it like a go-kart for a while..........

Yes, that's my plan too...I'll build a simple dummy frame to hold the bodywork for further development, and release the rolling chassis for completion.......should be fun...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.