Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: custom exhaust fabricator - notts
monkeyarms

posted on 27/3/12 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
custom exhaust fabricator - notts

Can anybody recommend a place to make a simple exhaust for me. I just need silencer and pipework to connect to OEM ford manifold.

Notts/Derby M1 J28 area.

Thanks

Tris

posted on 27/3/12 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Have used these guys in the past and can recommend - http://www.jacexhausts.co.uk/contact.php

They are in Hucknall, Nottingham - here's a picture of the manifold that they made for an old car of mine -

Cheers
Tris

Paul Turner

posted on 27/3/12 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Had mine made by Andy at Granfab in Bullwell, actually he has done me 2, both great jobs. Contact details are 6-8 Leen Valley House Bulwell Nottingham Nottinghamshire NG6 8SB Andy Newton 0115 9761 864.

I believe the chap at Jacksons in the first link was trained by Andy. Seen their work and its nice. Handy polishing place in the next unit, they did mine and it looked fab until I started the engine.

[Edited on 27/3/12 by Paul Turner]

big_l

posted on 27/3/12 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Try alloy racing fabrications google th there just out side ollerton Nottinghamshire ,

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

imp paul

posted on 27/3/12 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
the above does not make exhaust manifolds but martin Keenan does he is at Rotherham but if you want peak power give tony law a bell he makes very good stuff
monkeyarms

posted on 27/3/12 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for all the quick suggestion guys, i have went to see these guys http://www.stainless-exhaust.com yesterday and they can do what I want and are only 3 miles away. Very high end stuff they do, but at a price.

Just got to decide if i want to get car trailered futher away for a possible saving, or spend a bit more on the exhaust+less on trailering, if that makes sense?

cheers

Paul AS

posted on 24/4/12 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate,

I'm in the process of sourcing a manifold and exhaust for my Zetec SE 1.4

What sort of money were the suppliers talking and what design were you planning on if you don't mind me asking.

I've currenty got one of JP's tubular manifolds, a focus manifold, and a mock up stainless silencer to play with in the garage.

I havent decided whether to get the cat in the silencer or separately, or what routing to go for.

I'd be interested to hear your ideas,

Paul

monkeyarms

posted on 25/4/12 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul, the company i went to see did very high end stuff, so although the work was high quality it was too much for me.

To make a stainless silencer coupled onto the fiesta cat/manifold was £380+vat plus I would have to trailer my car there and back, so the costs were mounting up for a simple exhaust.

In the end i made my own sytem (in true locost style) with a ebay silencer, a bit of of flexi tubing and 1 bend Im quite happy with the result, and can have a more profesional job post IVA should i feel the need.

exhaust test
exhaust test

Description
Description

T66

posted on 25/4/12 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Windle sidecars in Mansfield. Top friendly guys, their workshop is a metal lovers dream.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.