Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Handbrake Cables
nickm

posted on 12/8/12 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Handbrake Cables

Hi
Does anybody know what audi/vw handbrake cables fit the Audi calipers that Compbrakes and i think Rally Design sell for £99 a pair ?

Thanks

Nick M

I predict a Riot

posted on 12/8/12 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
I used Rally Design's own brand and had the compensated end crimped on by Speedy Cables.

"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

nickm

posted on 13/8/12 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply but not sure exactly what u mean ?
I was hoping to buy off e-bay for an A2, A4 etc or whatever fits and "invent" the other end.

Have you done iva yet, saw the posts on the completed Riot, very nice.

Nick M

I predict a Riot

posted on 13/8/12 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
You probably could buy off eBay but to be honest I thought that the Rally Design ones were a good price.

They come as two pieces each with a nipple crimped on one end that fits the Audi calipers nicely and you just cut the other end to suit your set up.

I made a compensator link up from a triangular piece of steel and got Speedy Cables to crimp a clevis to each end and make me a new cable to link the compensator to the handbrake.

You need some form of compensator as each caliper will need slightly different amounts of pull and as the cables stretch and the pads wear you can adjust it out.

I think you will find it a cheaper route than OEM parts.

[Edited on 13-8-12 by I predict a Riot]

"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

nickm

posted on 14/8/12 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks
Will go down this route, as it is tried and tested.
Couldnt comment on the Riot as i couldnt log on for the last couple of months ? one of the girls at work saw a green Riot on the cadwell/horncastle road the other day must have been you or Jeremy ?

Nick M

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.