Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: making a loom for a saab b204 engine
navyseamonkey2011

posted on 12/4/13 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
making a loom for a saab b204 engine

Im about to purchase a saab 9000 for its B204 engine and loom, i would like to use its standard ecu (trionic 5) as they are easy to hack.
what is the best way to go about the wiring? should i use the origianal loom and modify it to fit or should i build a new loom from scratch?
I would prefur to keep the original and chop bits off i dont need and add the bits i do need, also de imobilising it.
What would yall recommend.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 12/4/13 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
It would be much easier to use the existing loom. Your only really connecting power and warning lights to it.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

big_wasa

posted on 12/4/13 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
I've not done a saab ecu yet but ive done many others. I chop up and rebuild it to fit its new home.

oem plugs are very dear so I only fit new if I have to.

T66

posted on 12/4/13 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Last saab engine loom I bought, Ebay for £25 came with all the plugs still on. I used it to make up an interface for plugging the ecu into my PC

With the T7 ecu when you break into it with your PC - the vin & immobilser code are written back to front in the hex code right at the bottom of the file when you open it. Im digging deep as its a few years since I did this, but there is an option to either amend this to another vin/immob or from memory I think it can be replaced with astrisks ******** Froggy will be up to date with this , he will be along shortly.

I still have a few Saab ecu bin files if you want them, I have a Maptun stg2 a DIY stg3 and a stg4 from a guy on the ecuproject. all are safe as Ive run them on my old Saab without problems. I think they are all still on my old laptop somewhere....

Top tip, buy a spare ecu and always keep one safe with a file you know will run your engine, if you shaft both files or melt an ecu your stuck without a paddle. Sometimes the ecus lock up when connected to the PC, and the only way to restore them was to take it to bits and start soldering - you dont want to be there, been there its mega fiddly.

[Edited on 12/4/13 by T66]

froggy

posted on 12/4/13 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
go on migweb and get hold of nigel pumford , he will build you a little relay box witha diagram and instructions for t5 ,otherwise get the diagrams from diakom if you want to do it yourself . the other bit you will need is a usb/bdm adaptor so you can get live data ,re flash the ecu yourself and data log .all the info is on uk saabs or saab central but for £70 for nigels kit and £30 for the usb bdm is well worth doing .

the engine loom is complet other than the wiring for the map sensor and boost control solenoid which isnt hard . any time spent getting youself set up to do your own ecu tweaks will be well spent .all the software is free to download but its worth making a contribution to the forum as you will get a lot more help if you give something back .as long as you get the other side of the loom connector you can leave the loom intact

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

PeterV

posted on 12/4/13 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Have a full stripped down wiring diagram for T5. Covers the ECU and engine as well as the ICE if you want to use original switch gear and clocks. There is a shed load of redundant wiring you can lose. With a pair of wire cutters and some splicing crimps its not that hard to reuse the existing loom.
Lots of info on my build diary website linky
Happy to email drawings if you send me a PM

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.