Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carrera GT Atlas axle tips
PeterV

posted on 28/11/13 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Carrera GT Atlas axle tips

Just finished manufacturing 5 stud adaptors and disc calliper brackets etc. for my Atlas axle. It's all gone back together well but I'm wondering if there are any tips and tricks I should know before I tighten everything up and plumb in the pipe work and cables. Don't want to end up taking it all apart again because of one of those "You should always do that while you have it apart" things.

Is an axle brace, such as the Arrow Engineering offer, a worthwhile upgrade option?

Rear end has also had new poly bushes everywhere (expect void bushes, new originals here), spring seats, springs, shocks and diff has been stripped and checked. Looks like the diff had already been refurbished and has the Capri limited slip upgrade fitted before I got my hands on it.

The car is a Calton Carrera GT unfinished project that has been started a few times but is really only just about a rolling chassis. So any tips on this would help as well

Plan is WLR for summer and GT for winter

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.