Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: smart repair recommendations
smart51

posted on 21/2/22 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
smart repair recommendations

A piece of aluminium flashing fell from my roof last night and has scratched my neighbour's car a bit. Do any of you know of any good smart repairers around Birmingham?

He has a 20 plate focus in flat black. The scratch is down to the primer but has not dented the metal. It should repair well.

Sanzomat

posted on 21/2/22 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
I had a smart repair done by Revive! (exclamation mark is part of their name). I had a new lease car delivered with a scratch on it and when I reported it they sent the Revive! guy to sort it. The repair was very good. It was a dark grey metallic, the scratch was down to the primer but no dent. After the repair I tried hard but could not see where the scratch had been. I had the car for another 2 1/2 years after that and it remained invisible. I haven't a clue what it cost as it was billed straight back to the supplier though.
smart51

posted on 21/2/22 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a reply from auto paint - "we don't do bonnets". What!?
roadrunner

posted on 21/2/22 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote

perksy

posted on 21/2/22 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Friend had the same with a scratch on the bonnet of his Merc (wasn't that big to be fair)
He tried a couple of smart repair places and they both said the whole bonnet would need spraying and it needed to go to a bodyshop for that

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/2/22 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
If they don't do bonnets it says a lot about the standard of their repairs. I've used several companies to sort dents and scratches. Their quality varies with the person actually doing the work, some are better than others and I go by recommendations from other people. Anyone who says a bonnet will need a full respray should be avoided like the plague.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 24/2/22 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
If they don't do bonnets it says a lot about the standard of their repairs.

I'd say that's unfair. It's impossible to spot finish a metallic repair that requires paint application and make it truly invisible, decent body shops will tell you this, cheapies will do the work and leave it noticeable. Bonnets are the most obvious location when it's even slightly off.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.