Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My WEB site is now up
ProjectLMP

posted on 5/1/03 at 01:28 AM Reply With Quote
My WEB site is now up

I have finally managed to put together a WEB site for my project. The URL is:

http://members.rogers.com/projectlmp

Its a bit basic at the moment but I will be adding a lot more info over the coming months.

Home of the Astronomicalcost Mid engined LMP project

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 5/1/03 at 02:39 AM Reply With Quote
Great stuff

As well as being technically good and interesting I liked the layout, very clear and readable...too many sites have pale letters on dark backgrounds...harder to read IMO...

Loved the coment about Carroll Smith...couldn't agree more...he knows his stuff, and he knows he does

Are you sure that's not my book collection you have reveiwed?

Can I add your link to mine?

Good luck...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MattWatson

posted on 5/1/03 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
Exvcellent!

I am a (semi) professional web designer, and your site is great!

I must follow this build closely as I live in Calgary so I can't get an ultima either!

chrisg

posted on 5/1/03 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good mate!

I'd use thicker balsa for the chassis though!

On a serious note, I was going to use that wheel PCD link until I found a few errors, the one I recall was that it says that Granadas are 4 stud - um..no.

I'd love a car in the Le mans style, I'll be watching very carefully!

Well done

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

ProjectLMP

posted on 5/1/03 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone for the complements.

Alan: I'd be happy for you to add a link to my site seeing as I have one to yours ;)

Matt: I know a couple of people with Ultima's in Ontario but you cannot legally get one into Canada. Mine was turned back to the UK by customs :(

chrisg: Thanks for the tip, I will add a note to warn people.

Home of the Astronomicalcost Mid engined LMP project

Rorty

posted on 6/1/03 at 01:39 AM Reply With Quote
Well done LMP, nice site.
I especially like the dark font on the light background ....unlike most of my site!
I've already attached it to my Favourites.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

BasOlij

posted on 6/1/03 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
Hey LMP,

Sounds like your headed the same direction as me and Bart. Getting very interesting, 3 people design these types of cars, it will be very interesting to see what we end up with:-)

You with a current Le Mans car,
Me with a LM/GTP inspired car
and Bart with a Mazda 787B replica (won LM in 1991) :-)

Like your site but I've seen the design somewhere else before, can't quite place it.:-)

I like the balsa model btw, I was planning on soldering one together but this seems much easier to do and it is easier to find the wood in the right sizes....

[Edited on 6/1/03 by BasOlij]

Greetz,

Bastiaan Olij
1984 Porsche 944 type 2
1981 Delorean DMC-12

jollygreengiant

posted on 6/1/03 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
that Granadas are 4 stud - um..no.
Chris

Depends on the year of "Granada" Yes we all know that 5 stud is norm, - but if you look closely at the late & facelifted granada's laterly called the "Scorpio" (you know, the one with the wide chrome lips for a grill) they are down to 4 stud. And just to confuse the issue Mondeo's have gone up to 5 stud?!?.

Enjoy

Nice looking site.

[Edited on 6/1/03 by jollygreengiant]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.