Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: jetting fireblade carbs
mkblade

posted on 9/8/05 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
jetting fireblade carbs

has anyone dyno jetted there carbs before using the standard airbox.

is it simple to do, or is it best to stump up the two hundred pound and put it on rolling rd .
thanks

shortie

posted on 10/8/05 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
It is fairly easy to do the actual Dynojetting but really it then needs to go on a rolling road to get it setup correctly and get the best performance.

HTH,
Rich.

Berwyn

posted on 10/8/05 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
I'm in this predicament now. I built my blade with a set of carbs that already had already been dynojet'd. During the sva I had to adjust them quite a lot to pass the emissions tests and now they pop and fart on over run and dont fuel properly at high revs. I have a pipercross sock filter with a slightly free'er flowing pipe than standard, but not race. I am having problems finding anyone in the gloucestershire area that will set them up for me !!!, bike garages only have a rolling road for 1 wheel and car garages say they dont know the bile carbs. The closest I have got is to pay by the hour for a rolling road at the car garage and then pay seperately for a bike engineer to come and set up the carbs!
There must be an easier way???, anyone know where i can get this done fairly locally to me ? I have looked on the RGB site and may post something there.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not

mkblade

posted on 10/8/05 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
im having the same problem cant get anyone to do it bike garages wont take it on .i have found a rolling rd place that have done this but there booking 7 weeks in advance
JoelP

posted on 10/8/05 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
i got my (normal car) carbs set up by boggs brothers up in yorkshire, £70 for nearly 3 hours fiddling, including a 'custom' throttle spring mount and new plugs, and a hand made coil lead! blinder...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.