Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: advice to a newbie
jezzeruk

posted on 20/1/03 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
advice to a newbie

i'm new to this, but i would like to build a mid engined car using a space frame chassis and a bike engine. i was wonderig if any body had any advice or tips for me on design of the chassis and suspension system. i don't know at this stage wether it would just be for competion or road use as well.
i have full use of cad/cam and a metal fabrication buisness and a plastic vacformers.
thank you for any help or advice
Jezz Wilson (leeds,England)

Alan B

posted on 20/1/03 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
H Jezz,

First thing...welcome you are in the right place

Second, I suggest you read most of this section as chassis design as been discussed often...and also under the chassis area on the main board.

Third...keep asking questions...we are all here to learn stuff off everyone else

See you around......

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ProjectLMP

posted on 20/1/03 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Jezz,
Welcome to the board. I am in the process of designing/building a mid engined bike powered car. I have some info on my web site:

members.rogers.com/projectlmp

Home of the Astronomicalcost Mid engined LMP project

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rorty

posted on 21/1/03 at 02:45 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome Jezz, all the sound information has already been offered. I too am into mid-engined cars, and at the moment race a ZZR1100 powered car off-road. You can see some of the details on my site. http://www.rortydesign.com

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.