SCAR

posted on 31/7/20 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting conversion

AHH the old Ginetta G26 to Luego Viento conversion job
eBay Item

[Edited on 31/7/20 by SCAR]

lsdweb

posted on 31/7/20 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
He didn't hillclimb it because he was afraid of other cars hitting it? Clearly never seen a hillclimb then!
Paul M

posted on 31/7/20 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
" MUSEUM QUALITY " ?? ie, an old decrepit relic ? - shame - looks like a decent car - but
registered as a Ginetta ?? Mond boggles at what some people think they can get away with.

SSC Stylus 2.0. Blacktop, Omex
ECU & Bodies

snapper

posted on 31/7/20 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
I think the big think here is that it’s a ringer and some poor sod may buy it

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

NuZil

posted on 2/8/20 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
The insurance company would love a claim on that. Instant get out.

Goodbye and thank you for the premiums, you're on your own.

SJ

posted on 3/8/20 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
You can definitely see the G26 inspiration in the car, but unfortunately only on the V5
Irony

posted on 3/8/20 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
It actually looks like a neat installation of the V8 and a well put together car. It would not take a lot to get it through the IVA. If it could be had for £5K - £6K then IVA'd it would be worth it.
SCAR

posted on 4/8/20 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Asked the seller a few simple but awkward questions about this 'conversion', like how did this change from live axle to independent and got this reply after the listing had ended. Almost pissed myself laughing

Your response is typical of one class. I'll get to it shortly.
When Henry decided to behead his wives, was that illegal?
Which brings the question, what makwes something legal?
There are 3 types of people. Peasants, royalty and asswipers.
The asswipers are the most insidious as they don't have a spine. If they did they would be the new royalty. So they conive and manipulate their way through life and are the first to put a knife in someones back.
I feel like you fit into this category because of your self-righteous nature. A sign of an inferiority complex.
What is also interesting is you appear to know more about the car than I do. You have no idea about the history but jumped to conclusions. For example you have implied that this car have two wheels. These are called motorcycles. You can look that up and whilst you are at it, look up any legislation that backs your impertinent argument. You obviously have never been involved in competition or you would know, winners study the rules and use them to their advantage.
You might also want to look at Ford GT 40's as there are more than one running around with the same chassis number.
Please avoid my listings if you ever see them, grow a spine and take your foot out of your mouth.

Think hes smoking something

SJ

posted on 4/8/20 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
To paraphrase Maggie Thatcher, when the attacks get personal you've won the argument
Irony

posted on 4/8/20 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting as I clicked on the sellers history and a year ago he sold a Ginetta G26 Chassis with no running gear etc, he auctioned it with no reserve and it sold for £1. The buyer left negative feed back saying the seller 'arranged a awkward collection time and then pulled out on the day'.

Doesn't take a genius to put it together. He had a road registered G26 that had been stripped of parts, couldn't sell it. He slapped the registration on the Viento and Wahey!

SCAR

posted on 4/8/20 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Thats what i think has happened
Read through the response I received above and you really have to wonder if he has some mental problems. Its so weird and doesn't relate to the questions i asked.
Perhaps he sent it to me by mistake as it refers to things I didn't mention
Not sure what the references to Henry 8th, motorcycles and motorsport are about.
Is it time for my medication nurse?

rusty nuts

posted on 4/8/20 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
He isn’t wrong about more than one car having the same vin number though, I know of 2 Luego’s with matching vin numbers. Is there a way of letting DVLA know of dodgy cars these days?
minineil70

posted on 12/10/20 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Think this is for sale again, albeit not registered as a Ginetta this time! How difficult would it be to get this through IVA, never done it before...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOTUS-LUEGO-VIENTO-CATERHAM-WESTFIELD-V8-ROVER-POWER-LSD-HOLLEY-4-BARREL/114457602530?hash=item1aa63469e2:g:ztkAAOSwnolfgvj c

big_wasa

posted on 12/10/20 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
You would need to be able to prove the engine age for emissions purposes. So it will need engine numbers ect.

Side repeaters are likley to need moving.

I would put a Sierra steering wheel on it for the test.

Edge radius on the switch trim.

Loads of trim for edges / bolt covers.

[Edited on 12/10/20 by big_wasa]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.