Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA Pass - Chelmsford
Donners90

posted on 5/5/06 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
SVA Pass - Chelmsford

Finally did it. Viento chassis # 2 soon to be on the road. Didn't get through first time, but got there in the end. Just the MOT to go.

On the subject of MOTs, fistly I was under the impression that I didn't need an MOT since I have now passed the SVA test. Am I mistaken here? Secondly, I am to be issued a Q plate. Assuming I get the MOT next week, does this now mean that I'll have to get an MOT each year from now on, or only after the first three?

Anyway, I just want to say a big thank you to all of you for your help and advice, it has been invaluable. And I hope to meet some of you over ther summer.

Cheers

James Rescued attachment 100_0402a.jpg
Rescued attachment 100_0402a.jpg

Deckman001

posted on 5/5/06 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Weldone that man, good looking car,,, on the subject of M O T 's if you get one done, you will have to do the same each year regaurdless of when it was registered, if you don't get the mot done you will keep it out of the system for the normal 3 years

Jason

James

posted on 5/5/06 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Looks like a really nice car.

Secondly... aaaah, you *don't* need an MOT! I'm very glad to say that my local DVLA knows this! If you get one now you'll have to get one every year!

Enjoy the driving.

HTH,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

James

posted on 5/5/06 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Doh, Jason beat me to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

donut

posted on 5/5/06 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Well done. Looks awesome!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ch1ll1

posted on 5/5/06 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
well done !
hats off to you

BKLOCO

posted on 5/5/06 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Well done. I hope I have the same result in a weeks time.

I don't want to P1ss on anyones chips but when the DVLA man from Chelmsford did my inspection he said. And I quote "They change their mind almost weekly in the Chelmsford office whether you need an MOT or not and I'm not sure what the current thinking is"
His words NOT mine.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 5/5/06 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Well done - hope to see it at Newark....
wilkingj

posted on 5/5/06 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Well Done James..

If its All new parts you get 3 years Mot free, and a New 06 Reg.

If its anything else it will need an Mot after the 1st year, and will have an Age Related plate if you have a Donor Car and its V5. Anything else is a Q Plate.
Advantage of a Q plate is visual smoke test at MoT time

Personally I dont care, having spenk a lot getting this far another £40 for a MoT doesnt make a huge difference on the overall budget.

I Mot'd mine last weekend. I have a SVA at Chelmsford on Tuesday. Hope to get it through, but am expecting a fail.

Well Done... See you at Newark, unless you have nothing better to do on Tuesday from 08:00 onwards Get your plates on and come and give some moral support.

Made the Stone Shields today... and they look pretty good.

EDIT..

PS.. you can PASS a SVA test in the morning, and Fail a MoT test in the afternoon.. like a Hooter is not required for a SVA and is for a MoT. There are minor differences, so I can see whay they want a MoT certificate. (That doesnt mean I agree with the damn system!!)

[Edited on 5/5/2006 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sminney

posted on 5/5/06 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
hi - registered my Tiger at Chelmsford and they insisted on an MOT certificate,

Give them a call, its better to find out now rather than on the day you hope to get legal.

Regards

Steve Minney

Marcus

posted on 5/5/06 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
If its All new parts you get 3 years Mot free, and a New 06 Reg.

If its anything else it will need an Mot after the 1st year, and will have an Age Related plate if you have a Donor Car and its V5. Anything else is a Q Plate.
Advantage of a Q plate is visual smoke test at MoT time

Not true, even if you end up wit a Q plate, there's no MOT for 3 years!

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

darrens

posted on 5/5/06 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
nice car!!! well done

will see you at newark then

p.s what wheels are they that you put on, look well

Donners90

posted on 8/5/06 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys, Thanks for the replies and compliments. It's really not as good as it looks...bits just keep falling off it!!

Regards the MOT, I spoke to DVLA at Chelmsford and they insist on it having an MOT. Mainly due to the fact it's made up of secondahand parts! But to be honest I'm of the same thinking as Geoff. I've got this far, and I'm not going to let £40 stop me getting it on the road!

Found this website that may be of use for future reference http://www.ukmot.com/manual.asp

BTW, Geoff - good luck for tomorrow

Not sure yet if I can make it to Newark. Got a few issues (main rear oil seal leaking - 2 piece rope seal ) to sort out before any long journey, but I might be able to made the Bacon Buttie do in Sudbury on the 27th

Darrens, the wheels are Matrix Torque. 17 x 7. Ford Offset on front, Peugeot offset on the rear with 25mm spacers.

Cheers
James

Scotty

posted on 9/5/06 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
nice one
congrats!

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

scutter

posted on 9/5/06 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations fella, well done.

Just in time for the sun

ATB Dan.

simonk

posted on 9/5/06 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
VIENTO SVA QUESTIONS

Congratulations on the car. Would be interested to find out what your SVA failure points were. I will hopefully be putting mine through the test in the autumn and would appreciate any suggestions and tips.

Thanks
Simon

Snuggs

posted on 9/5/06 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
When I registered my car the local DVLA insisted on an MOT. I was allocated an age related plate.
When I re-taxed the car after 12 months I did it online and did NOT require a new MOT.

ps I was at an MOT station run by a mate of mine and a Cobra replica (age related plate) was booked in for an MOT. The new online MOT system would not let the tester proceed with the test cos it had not been on the road for 3 years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Dave J

posted on 10/5/06 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
Looks very nice, very well done on the pass. Good to see another Viento on the road, we're a bit thin on the ground.

I've a Q plate, no MOT needed for first 3 years.

Cheers

Dave.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.