Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: velocity wiring
Cubby

posted on 25/4/08 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
velocity wiring

Sorry chaps but I've spent another day trying to sort the sierra stalk wiring. I now have indicators,hazards,sidelights working but I am getting nowhere with the dip/main beam setup.
The stalks are 90BG from a 1992 sierra which I guess is the switch to earth type ?
Also using the Luego relay pack. I need an idiots guide on this one!!

Has anyone got a diagram they can let me have or words of one syllable !

Many thanks

Cub

omega 24 v6

posted on 25/4/08 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
An Idea to help would be if you could let us know how the luego relay apck is wired. Is it wired? Is it just a couple of relays? A change over relay (5pin) etc etc. I have a custom made loom (my own build) and have used the sierra stalks as well with the switched earths.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Cubby

posted on 25/4/08 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Yes thanks for replying I've attached the Luego instruction I've been working to.
The relays (3 Side/Dip/Main) are all 4 Pin types just a switch and coil . It's the Stalk switching to earth that I'm a bit confused over.
Am I correst in thinking the stalk switch just completes the relay's coil circuit to earth ? Rescued attachment DSC01458.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC01458.JPG

omega 24 v6

posted on 25/4/08 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Am I correst in thinking the stalk switch just completes the relay's coil circuit to earth ?

Yes ( but it looks like your drawing is for the positive switched stalks) the wiring for the side light relay can stay as is, if you decide to use it , it's a positive switched.
Also wher it says to connect to 15 or 31 and 30 the only connect to 30 as the other 2 terminal are earths and will blow the feed fuse in this incoming circuit
In my loom I have Ign feed to the head light relayPin 30 this wire links to pin 85
From pin 87 I have 2 wires going to fuses(one for left and one for right) and then to the head lights.
From pin 86 I have the 56B brown and white wire on the stalk.

The main beam relay is exactly the same except that pin 86 uses the 56a brown and yellow wire from the stalk switch.

I have not used a relay for the side lights as I believe one was not required. The total amps for 5sidelights plus gauges and a fog lightfeed amounts to only60watts so 5 amps is ample and IMHO and AFAICR the sierra did not have a relay either.
Do you have autocad or a dxf veiwer. I could send you my drawing of my loom setup. I have not as yet powered it all up so can't say for sure that it's the finished article etc etc

[Edited on 25/4/08 by omega 24 v6]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Cubby

posted on 26/4/08 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Many Many thanks !!!!

I'll give it a try today and let you know.

Cub

Cubby

posted on 26/4/08 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Missed the last bit in my excitement . Yes I do have a dxf viewer /Autocad at work.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.