Board logo

Dash!!
stuey39 - 12/1/06 at 08:36 PM

So what are people using for the bottom edge of the dash to pass the 19mm radius for SVA ?

donut - 12/1/06 at 09:17 PM

I'm using mini door rubber/seal!!

rusty nuts - 12/1/06 at 09:23 PM

Used a 19mm radius, cut it with a router.

jos - 12/1/06 at 09:44 PM

I coverd a sheet of 5mm rigid plastic (cut to the profile of the passenger side of the dash) with fablon, underwhich was a length of pipework lagging. This then provides a deformable dash which then only requires a 5mm radius.

It was one of my three fail points on my first SVA

DarrenW - 13/1/06 at 11:33 AM

I used same basic dash as Jos, supplied by Mac1 with 19mm rad. Due to recent changes / enhanced pickiness of recent tests up and down the country i was advised to fit secondary cover on passenger side. This was basically a piece of thinnish ali with a huge rad on the bottom (30mm ish) and covered in foam backed vinyl. Secured to dash with industrial strength double sided tape, removed soon after test. Rescued attachment SVA dash cover 1.JPG
Rescued attachment SVA dash cover 1.JPG

DarrenW - 13/1/06 at 11:34 AM

another Rescued attachment SVA dash cover 3.JPG
Rescued attachment SVA dash cover 3.JPG

DarrenW - 13/1/06 at 11:36 AM

another

Must confess - supplied by Mac#1 - not my own work.

Also note that i failed first time for switches not being secure! Reason was that lower part of dash where they sit moved when switches pressed. Quickly fixed with cable ties to hold it back against something solid (DD2 logger in this case!) Rescued attachment SVA dash cover 4.JPG
Rescued attachment SVA dash cover 4.JPG

DarrenW - 13/1/06 at 11:39 AM

I also failed for stg wheel being to high. Pic 1 shows it dropped by 35mm. Sierra wheel was too big after that so i was allowed to fit SWM (Italian) wheel and collapsible raid boss (thankyou Jon Beedle). So contrary to popular belief you can pass SVA with aftermarket wheel.