Board logo

Some days I shouldn't be allowed in the garage...
cloudy - 11/12/08 at 07:35 PM

Today was supposed to be a productive day - The chassis was sandblasted and degreased, the garage has been lined with plastic ready for spraying the expensive 2 part epoxy mastic...

Just as i'm hanging the last of the roof lining, the chassis falls off its mounts - the rear suspension mount smashing the tin of paint, the front light mount gouging a 6inch slit in the back of my knee.

So now i'm sat with a bandaged leg feeling sorry for myself, with £100 of paint ruined, a puddle of sticky epoxy all over the floor and chassis, and marks on the chassis where its fallen.

Why did I get up this morning?!

TOO BADD - 11/12/08 at 07:40 PM

I bet you said bugger

nitram38 - 11/12/08 at 07:41 PM

Sorry to hear that James
Hope you get better soon.
Now you know why I used a brush.......

[Edited on 11/12/2008 by nitram38]

tomgregory2000 - 11/12/08 at 07:55 PM

thats a bugger, just crack open a beer and then another one and keep going till you cant remember why you were p**sed off, i find this works best for me

BenB - 11/12/08 at 09:00 PM

At least hopefully the wound will be well sealed from infection epoxy paint styleeeeee....

DarrenW - 11/12/08 at 10:07 PM

Im sorry to hear that. Sounds painful. Hope it doesnt hurt for long.

Do you now have what is commonly called a chassis leg?

Peteff - 12/12/08 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TOO BADD
I bet you said bugger

I would have. £100 worth, how many coats were you giving it?

cloudy - 12/12/08 at 12:30 AM

Only two, its just that expensive

Mr Whippy - 12/12/08 at 07:37 AM

don't tell me you were standing on the chassis fittting roof lining when it fell off...

02GF74 - 12/12/08 at 09:44 AM

ouch - that sucks big time.

We've all done similar and end up feeling like wanting to kick ourselves in between the legs, hard, very hard

cloudy - 12/12/08 at 04:47 PM

I wasn't standing on it - I was up a ladder!

I've made up for it today by suceeding in distilling the epoxy into a bottle and spraying the bottom of the chassis

owelly - 13/12/08 at 11:34 AM

Surely, you mean 'decanted'..........

I had just finished assembling my new freshly galvanised trailer and then fitted my new freshly powder coated wheels to my car. Then drove the car up onto the trailer and scraped all four wheels down the sides or the trailer. Wrecking the galv coating on the trailer and taking the powder coating off the wheel rims!! I should've remembered that the new wheels were wider than the old ones!!!
We all have those days!!