Board logo

7" or 7 1/2" LSD Ford
darrens - 1/7/07 at 02:27 PM

As above, either will do with the bolt on flanges.

Cheers

bob - 1/7/07 at 03:15 PM

Looks like there will be a franzy for this NOS part and doesnt even stsate if its LSD.

Diff

aerobrick - 1/7/07 at 04:06 PM

Strange thing is even though it has a nice white lable where is the nice new diff tag also the breather and pipe is missing ??

For a part allegedly never used why are these bits missing ?

mark-wiring - 1/7/07 at 09:37 PM

They both use diff size drive shafts so you need the ones that match your outer hubs so which ones are they?

darrens - 3/7/07 at 06:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mark-wiring
They both use diff size drive shafts so you need the ones that match your outer hubs so which ones are they?

Now tha's lost me, I though that the outer flange (with the many bolt holes) were all the same size, it was just the splines that were different.

mark-wiring - 3/7/07 at 06:27 PM

Splines are the same shafts are diff sizes.

Basicly the 7.5inch diff (cosworth) has bigger flanges and larger bolts.

The 7inch ( normal sierra) smaller ones.

Although there is an exception to every rule the granada cosworth has a 7.5inch diff with the smaller flanges.

I know this as i have just done a diff change on my brothers 4i that has full cosworth running gear and the only diff we had spare was a granada cosworth one and we had to get the flanges swapped over.

ChrisGamlin - 10/7/07 at 12:10 PM

There's a 7.5" 3.36 with LSD for £200 on the Westfield forum (www.WSCC.co.uk

Minicooper - 10/7/07 at 01:02 PM

I have 2wd cosworth diff from a 60,000 mile car, 7.5 lsd 3.64 ratio, I have removed the rear lug on the diff cover, so it needs a little plate welded or rivetted on

The inside of the diff is sparkling, the oil crystal clear

£120 Chandlers Ford, Hampshire

Cheers
David

[Edited on 10/7/07 by Minicooper]

repper - 10/7/07 at 06:42 PM

hi all iam in the proses off braking a sierra XR4X4 on a 1988 the diff is a 7" and bolt on shafts was going to keep as a spaire its still in at the momo but its yours if you stuk
my email is hotrodbob@hotmail.co.uk

[Edited on 10/7/07 by repper]