Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Are front number plates required???
Aussie

posted on 11/9/03 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Are front number plates required???

Was talking to a mate of mine recently about the whole front number plate problem (see other thread. lol) and he seemed to think that he read/heard somewhere that you don't always need to have a front number plate, and that aslong as you had a rear one then thats perfectly legal.

If thats the case then i'll just get rid of the front plate all together....Can anyone shed some light on this???

I'm thinking that i may give the DVLA a call.

Nick

This month up for grabs I have a copy of G. Wayne Miller's new book - Men and Speed.

So check out http://www.nick-kjaer.com for more info on how to enter this free monthly competition.

JoelP

posted on 11/9/03 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect only bikes can have 1 number plate. The only evidence that cars should have two is the number of MAX'd cars with daft bumpers that have had plates squeezed on at silly angles, if it wasn't necessary then it would be common knowledge in moddy circles that it wasn't!

Saw something on a bike show about plates for bikes, so i know they don't. Probably cos theres no space.

All IMO though!

tadltd

posted on 11/9/03 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
You'll find the req'd info here:

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htm#thebritishstandard

First point it makes is: "A number plate must be displayed at the front and rear of motor vehicles (with some exceptions)." - interesting that it mentions exceptions, but these MAY be things like tractors, tracked vehicle, MOD stuff, etc... - IMO of course.

Hope this helps.

Steve.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.