tomblyth

posted on 1/9/21 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
DVLA ...... Government petition to force transparency

Please sign and share this , to maybe get some transparency in there opinions
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/595353

rf900rush

posted on 1/9/21 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Done
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
roadrunner

posted on 1/9/21 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Done
Deckman001

posted on 1/9/21 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Done
nick205

posted on 1/9/21 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Done

I've found the DVLA relatively easy (and responsive) to deal with of late myself.

Father in law recently reapplied for his licence (age related) and didn't get a licence or any response from the DVLA at all. Whilst it helped avoid the painful "time to stop driving" conversation I felt he should have got a reply from the DVLA.

Sanzomat

posted on 1/9/21 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Done. First petition I've done where I've been in the first 41, usually already 10's of thousands by the time I become aware!
SteveWalker

posted on 1/9/21 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Done

I've found the DVLA relatively easy (and responsive) to deal with of late myself.

Father in law recently reapplied for his licence (age related) and didn't get a licence or any response from the DVLA at all. Whilst it helped avoid the painful "time to stop driving" conversation I felt he should have got a reply from the DVLA.

Apparently, simple renewals are going through the (automated?) system with no problem. Anything requiring a person to do something more is painfully slow - 9 months for my son to get his provisional licence ... delayed so much that I have not had time to teach him anywhere near as much as I would otherwise have done before he goes away to university, so it's going to cost us a whole lot more in paid for lessons.

jester
Contributor

Posts 169
Registered 21/5/17

Photo Archive Go!
Building: brought Jester.building a Jester own a Striker

posted on 1/9/21 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Done
coyoteboy

posted on 7/9/21 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Always keen to have transparency in any government decisions. I can't really imagine a situation where you prove compliance with the rules and still get it revoked - seems like that would be a "yes/no" situation, that would be very frustrating.

tomblyth

posted on 7/9/21 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
I am also building a motorhome the rules on the registration of a motorhome say it must resemble look like a motorhome to the police and fire brigade that's very subjective and depends on the opinion of the person at the DVLA lots of people who have built camper vans motorhomes are having a registration document returned with a description of van with Windows this has insurance and speed limit consequences but at present the DVLA will not entertain appeals or give further information. That is the main reason transparency and feedback is required
coyoteboy

posted on 8/9/21 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
So isn't a van with windows and some stuff built in a van with windows?

There's interesting debate there around why would a motorhome have different speed limits to vans with windows, given they're generally based on a worse handling chassis and less capable brakes.

But by the rules, most vans turned into campers don't look like campers, they look like vans.

tomblyth

posted on 8/9/21 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
This demonstrates the point! As it's subjective depends on an opinion... as for the speed limits I didn't make them ! But they are there
https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

swanny

posted on 9/9/21 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
signed

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.