Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear Light Angle
Nick Davison

posted on 1/6/05 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Rear Light Angle

Do all rear lights have to be mounted on a verticle surface?

Nick

Hellfire

posted on 1/6/05 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Nope - only the foglight and reverse (i believe) if you have a reverse!

Actually NONE of them do...

the fog light 'lens' has to be vertical but thats not saying it has to mounted on a vertical surface.

[Edited on 1-6-05 by Hellfire]

Nick Davison

posted on 1/6/05 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
That was a quick reply H!
So as I have a nice single round fog lamp, a bit like the Cobra type, all I have to buy is one angled mount to present the lense at the correct angle.

And the brake lights are OK mounted on the slight angle of the rear wheel arch with no additional mounting adaptor.
Nick

Marcus

posted on 1/6/05 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
ISTR within 7° of vertical will suffice for the light unit lenses. Fog light lens does have to be vertical though.

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 2/6/05 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Read the manual ref single fog light fitting. I have seen cars with them fitted centrally. I have read the book several times and im sure this i snot allowed. It quotes position as being the left side of the lens can be on the centre line of vehicle or to the right. This means the light has to be slightly offset if i understand it right.

My rear lights are fitted same as Mac1 on the rear arch, therefore on an angled surface. Theirs have passed many times. Ive used lucas singles similar to landrover - i might have to fill the screw holes though (sharp edge!!!!).

Ive mounted square reverse and fog from a bracket off the rear chassis. Used long bolt to get height right. This way i can fit single central fog later.

Sorry for highjack - has anyone passed SVA without a reverse light. I read the book as these being optional. Rescued attachment rear lights 1 may05 resized.jpg
Rescued attachment rear lights 1 may05 resized.jpg

JoelP

posted on 2/6/05 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
if they failed me on no reverse light, id weld a blob on the shifter to make it have no reverse at all, just to be difficult

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

omega 24 v6

posted on 2/6/05 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
At the moment there is no legal requirement for a reverse light. However if there is one fitted it must work. Also you are only allowed a maximum of two reverse lights.
Nick Davison

posted on 3/6/05 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
Thats a top tip as my reverse light will not work at the moment as the switch on the gearbox is US so I will have to remove the lamp and blank off the hole for the test.

The replacement of the switch and it's wiring to reinstate it is too traumatic at the moment.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.