Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Harness mounts
Humbug

posted on 28/8/05 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Harness mounts

Just put my seats and harnesses in my Stuart Taylor and I have a couple of questions.

1. Do the upper harness triangle mount thingies need to be covered for radius? If so, any ideas with what? Also, does the bolt head need to be covered as per front suspension bolts?

2. On the lower outer mounts, there is another bolt very close (for part of the rear suspension arms). The harness touches this bolt marginally, though I think it is unlikely to fray... what would an SVA inspector think? One thing I thought of was putting a washer or two under the bolt, but I think that could be seen as compromising the strength of the bolt fixing?

Any ST builders got feedback on what they did and/or what their SVA inspector said?

[Edited on 28.08.2005 by Humbug] Rescued attachment Harness mounts.jpg
Rescued attachment Harness mounts.jpg

Avoneer

posted on 28/8/05 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'd put a few washer on the bottom one and a rubber nut cover on the top one and that should be fine.

Make sure the bolt is marked high tensile, ot 8.8 minimum and is 11mm or more or 7/16" as these are all that are accepted.

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shortie

posted on 29/8/05 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
For the top triangle it's best to cover it, I used some of that herringbone trim that you use on the edge of the fibreglass seats that just pushes on.

HTH,
Rich.

Humbug

posted on 31/8/05 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Update: I got some thicker spacer things from a scrap car, which means the lower harness triangles easily clear the other bolts now. I think if I also put covers on the bolts heads I should be OK.

Anyone know of suppliers of the herringbone trim stuff, or anyone got enough spare for 4 top harness triangles?

[Edited on 31.08.2005 by Humbug]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.