Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: hmm what do I put???
Mr Whippy

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
hmm what do I put???

One of those funny questions, I’m changing the colour of a car on the V5, trouble is it’s gone from yellow to camouflage . What do you think? should I put camouflage down or the individual colours (would that the daft??) I’ve had this scheme many times before but this is the first time I’ve bothered to inform the DVLA

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
My understanding is you are supposed to put the colour there is most area, don't think they can cope with multiple colours in the database.

Think I'd probably plump for green anyway (since that's in most camouflage patterns) and is probably less likely to get pulled by plod doing a computer check.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
ok then that would be cream in my case. cheers.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
They want the main colour, or the main unchangable colour if it has removable panels. They also want the basic colour name, so green rather than mint.

Cream camoflage? You going to the desert in it?

RazMan

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
I think any more than two colours will be classified as multicoloured.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

grahamgg

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Are you changing the colour of your ice cream van to camouflage, so the kids cant spot it

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
no its gone from ‘Barbie’s Fun Dunebuggy’ to ‘Action Man Assault Vehicle’, all I need now is the foam missile launchers!!

[Edited on 26/3/07 by Mr Whippy]

RazMan

posted on 26/3/07 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Something like these?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/3/07 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
how cool is that

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/3/07 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
here's what my sister briefly had when we were little, I say briefly cos I pinched it peeled of the stickers and painted it calmo!! Who’d have thought 30 years later I'd be doing the same thing again! Rescued attachment buggy.jpg
Rescued attachment buggy.jpg

James

posted on 26/3/07 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
here's what my sister briefly had when we were little, I say briefly cos I pinched it peeled of the stickers and painted it calmo!! Who’d have thought 30 years later I'd be doing the same thing again!

Is that the Sindy one? My little sis' had it too!

[Edited on 26/3/07 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

iank

posted on 26/3/07 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
here's what my sister briefly had when we were little, I say briefly cos I pinched it peeled of the stickers and painted it calmo!! Who’d have thought 30 years later I'd be doing the same thing again!

What you need is a nice Stimson Bug.
http://www.minimarcos.org.uk/altpics/stimson/bug.html

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/3/07 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
man thats ugly even for a buggy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.