Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA manual (official release version) now available for download
Jesus-Ninja

posted on 7/8/08 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
oh, if you want, you can just use the IVAs.html file, which is the main text, without the links to original page numbers and the graphics (few as they are). I used it with my eBook reader quite nicely.

Suspension geometry tool here >>> http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=81376

Jesus-Ninja

posted on 7/8/08 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
sorry folks. the html conversion wasn't that great. many (most?) of the sentences are broken up and out of order. I'll have another look when I am in front of a real computer and not remote desktopping from my phone!

Suspension geometry tool here >>> http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=81376

tomprescott

posted on 28/10/08 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichieW
It might stymie the fashion for BECs a bit. The bang for your buck wont be as good if you're having to pay for the reverse box type thing. (CEC builder here so I don't know what they're called.)

Quaife calls it a reversing box, good guess richie!
Gonna have to build quicker to get it passed while its still relatively cheap, seems like Govts gonna use car builders to get the UK out of a recession!

phil clegg

posted on 22/11/08 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
iva inf 26 ?

on a mot course last week a friend of mine spoke to a sva tester about my build (haynes).he suggested it would not pass the new test from april due to rule inf 26 ,i can not find this on dvla website ,why would he say my and other locost type builds will not pass,if this is how he understands the new rules should i take my car elsewhere or am i building an ornament he said bring before april 1st which i can not do ,ideas anyone, phil
t.j.

posted on 28/11/08 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phil clegg
on a mot course last week a friend of mine spoke to a sva tester about my build (haynes).he suggested it would not pass the new test from april due to rule inf 26 ,i can not find this on dvla website ,why would he say my and other locost type builds will not pass,if this is how he understands the new rules should i take my car elsewhere or am i building an ornament he said bring before april 1st which i can not do ,ideas anyone, phil

Did "this inspector" say why, or is it just "someone who heard about bIVA".....? Just read the manual and concluded if it is possible. Guessing is not the right thing to do. It makes people nuts.
26 is about de Front Fog lamps, they are optional so..... don't mount them or mount them as required.

[Edited on 28/11/08 by t.j.]

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

Jesus-Ninja

posted on 28/11/08 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phil clegg

Some punctuation?

Seriously though, as already said, don't fit them or fit them correctly. This seems to be one of the easier regs to understand.

I'm currently in conversation with VOSA to understand visibility issues which are much less clear.

[Edited on 28/11/08 by Jesus-Ninja]

t.j.

posted on 21/1/09 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
Latest versions here:

IVA v3.0 manual

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

Scouse Monkey

posted on 2/3/09 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Are they keeping the SVA for goods vehicles?

can you build a special goods vehicle...eg a special post van 7 and then modify it a bit after? :-)

(yes i am being tongue in cheek)

Any confirmation on the price yet? £500 seems an awfully big hike that will hit a lot of you hard. Are they trying to stop people building kit cars? Is there some reason they may - high fatality rate, pressure from the EU etc? I can't see it tbh.

Omni

posted on 24/3/09 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andys101
If the UK implemented the new EC Directive there would be no such thing as kit cars as the directive doesnt allow them.
However each member state can self legislate, which is what the uk have done.

Hi,

Just read your Building status thingy! Are you an SVA/IVA Tester?

Cheers,

O

James

posted on 25/3/09 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andys101

Errrrr good guess...... Yes.

Don't be frightened I'm here to help.

Andy.

Welcome to the site!

Or the madhouse as we call it!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

AdrianH

posted on 12/5/09 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
Just noticed we are up to version 3 from 28/04 published May

Link

Adrian

[Edited on 12-5-09 by AdrianH]

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

tks

posted on 14/5/09 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
bias bars....

Note 5: Bias bars and other mechanical adjusting devices fitted to twin
master cylinders must have no means of adjustment. However they will
be deemed acceptable if the all nuts etc are fully welded to their relative
threads and all the threads originally intended to provide adjustment are
welded along their length i.e. permanently rendering them un-adjustable.

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

AdrianH

posted on 4/7/09 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Just for information another version June 09 is on the web page.

Not sure what differences there are between this and the May version

http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/vehicledealershipsandimporters/isocertificationandtypeapproval/individualvehicleapprovalinspectionmanuals.h tm

Adrian

[Edited on 4-7-09 by AdrianH]

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

flange nut

posted on 11/7/09 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
IVA diagonal split braking requirement

A Sierra master cylinder has three outlets. One from the chamber nearest the brake pedal and two from the front chamber. Would it be OK to split the brakes by piping one of the front outlets to a front brake the other to a rear brake and then splitting the single outlet front and back?

It looks like that the requirement for diagonal split braking is going to make it impossible for people to use twin master cylinders and a bias bar. I can't see how that would work.

From the IVA manual, Brakes section 09A
The vehicle must be fitted with a split (dual) circuit brake system with each part of the system operating on at least two wheels (one on each side), capable of operating in the event of a failure of the service brake or its power assistance.

Geoff

minitici

posted on 12/7/09 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

The vehicle must be fitted with a split (dual) circuit brake system with each part of the system operating on at least two wheels (one on each side), capable of operating in the event of a failure of the service brake or its power assistance.
Geoff

This is NOT necessarily a diagonally split requirement!
A front/rear split meets the above requirement of "each part of the system operating on at least two wheels (one on each side)"

flange nut

posted on 12/7/09 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply Minitici.

Geoff

quote:
Originally posted by minitici
quote:

Geoff

This is NOT necessarily a diagonally split requirement!
A front/rear split meets the above requirement of "each part of the system operating on at least two wheels (one on each side)"

FEZ1025

posted on 9/11/09 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
The IT numpties have been at it again they've moved the stuff & left broken links. No idea how long it will stay HERE before they decide to break it again.

Alan...

Fozzie

posted on 9/11/09 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FEZ1025
The IT numpties have been at it again they've moved the stuff & left broken links. No idea how long it will stay HERE before they decide to break it again.

Alan, see sticky under this one in the 'IVA/SVA' section .....

Fozzie

Alan...

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

FEZ1025

posted on 11/11/09 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie

Alan, see sticky under this one in the 'IVA/SVA' section .....

Fozzie

Is this not the sticky under the IVA/SVA section?

Alan...

Fozzie

posted on 11/11/09 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
You will see 3 stickies in this section, denoted by an arrow to the right of the thread title....

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

GeoffMM

posted on 19/11/09 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Wow that was difficult to find!!

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_Theme_files/124_IVA_M1_Inspection_Manual__Version_4.pdf

woodsy144

posted on 15/4/10 at 04:21 AM Reply With Quote
I am sorry, I must be blind,

Can some one point me to the direction of the IVA manual and the emissions standards

Thanks...

iank

posted on 15/4/10 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodsy144
I am sorry, I must be blind,

Can some one point me to the direction of the IVA manual and the emissions standards

Thanks...

One post up
( http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_Theme_files/124_IVA_M1_Inspection_Manual__Version_4.pdf )

Emissions are chapter 2

[Edited on 15/4/10 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

iank

posted on 27/5/10 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
New version available with new relaxed rules on brake bias adjusters.

New Manual v4.510

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

rodgling

posted on 7/8/10 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Version 5.01 (26/7/2010) is now available:

http://online.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_files/124_IVA_M1_Inspection_Manual__Version_501_0710.pdf

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.