Board logo

Ford Zebra stripes
DarrenW - 25/5/06 at 01:57 PM

Does anyone have any good pics of Ford or other cars with motorsport style zebra stripes on them?

Im still thinking of bodywork vinyls themes. Skippad gave me some inspiration last night by doing a variation on the cobra stripe theme. It has got me really thinking now!!!!

Cheers,
Darren.

mookaloid - 25/5/06 at 02:04 PM

Your car would look great with orange tiger stripes Darren

Darren Wake's Urban Tiger MAC#1 - sounds good

DarrenW - 25/5/06 at 02:18 PM

Oh no not orange!!! You are the second person today to say Tiger stripes. The other suggestion was wasp theme!!!

Im not brave enough fo rthat. May have a go with chrome, silver and light blue on one side and something completely different on the other.

nige - 25/5/06 at 02:36 PM

try a google it brings up a few
im not pc good enough to get pic up

im all for orange look well on black
or kwak green

ned - 25/5/06 at 02:37 PM

stripes? why not blobs like leoppard skin

Macbeast - 25/5/06 at 05:33 PM

Tartan is the way to go

Lightning - 25/5/06 at 06:38 PM

Pink with yellow spots,,,,A la Mr Blobby

gustavo_brum - 25/5/06 at 06:57 PM

white, just plain white. classic and eye-grabbin´

RazMan - 25/5/06 at 09:31 PM

Nah ..... Burberry Tartan - its all the rage I hear

DarrenW - 25/5/06 at 11:17 PM

Thanks for that Razman - Burberry wins the day. Ive just completed one side and will post a pic tomorrow. It looks well smart - almost chavtastic as some would say.

RazMan - 26/5/06 at 08:02 AM

Disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible for any personal injury caused by this post

DarrenW - 26/5/06 at 08:20 AM

Pic1 - My first attempt at Vinyl stripes. Rescued attachment Tiger stripe 1.JPG
Rescued attachment Tiger stripe 1.JPG

DarrenW - 26/5/06 at 08:21 AM

Pic2

i dont think im brave enough to do what i want for the other side. Will probs go back and see skippad for some pro work for that! Rescued attachment Tiger stripe 2.JPG
Rescued attachment Tiger stripe 2.JPG

RazMan - 26/5/06 at 08:40 AM

I like it!

DarrenW - 26/5/06 at 08:56 AM

Full credit for this has to go to Skippad. He gave me some inspiration and introduced me to the chrome vinyl. Spookily a mate happened to have some spare (i think he used it to cover some windows on a Landrover) so i got a bit off him. I feel a bit guilty that ive done him out of a job but i decided id have a go knowing that if it went wrong i could just peel it off.

I have something in mind for the other side but that will have to be a pro job to get the lettering and scale right.

flak monkey - 26/5/06 at 08:56 AM

Me too! Looks brill. Nice job

02GF74 - 26/5/06 at 09:00 AM

looks good - better than spending your time polishing a stupid bonnet I'd say

RazMan - 26/5/06 at 09:26 AM

One thing about chrome effect vinyl though - it tends to only last a few months outside and starts to look tatty so you may find that you will be repairing it quite often.