Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: damper length
scutter

posted on 19/11/02 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
damper length

This question may have been asked before but,

What is the installed length of the dampers for a live axle locost as i need to make up some inserts until I can afford the real thing (information needed so i can put the upper brackets in the right place)

All info greatly recieved Cheers Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 19/11/02 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
I thought the upper bracket could only go in one place, under the plate for the roll bar.

As for the shock length, the shorter the better. Mine are around 14" and are mounted down the side of the bracket on the axle. If it were me I'd wait till I had the ones I was using until I mounted the brackets, cos I managed to get secondhand ones for the back.

scutter

posted on 19/11/02 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
was more worried about the front ones whether to mount the brackets on the side of the bottom of the chassis rail.

Cheers dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 19/11/02 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry mate - I read live axle and assumed you were taking about the back! I used fairly short Gax shocks at the front and still had to mount it on the side of the rail, though can't remember the lenght...I'll measure tomorrow...
scutter

posted on 19/11/02 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
cheers
Dick Axtell

posted on 20/11/02 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Damper Length

Hi -

I measured the front damper mountings, with the lower wishbone horizontal. Distance between mounting hole centres is 11.0 inches. Normal damper stroke is approx 2.5 inches for this installation.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.