Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Front Hubs
Viper

posted on 14/12/02 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Front Hubs

Is there anyone out there that knows if the P100 (cortina shape) front hubs fit onto the cortina mk4/5 front hubs?( i am after 5 studs)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 14/12/02 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
acording to the qh list they have different wheel bearings so asume they are different,try using granada mk1 or 2 uprights with 5 stud fixings
Viper

posted on 14/12/02 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
But alas i have already made my wishbones and aquired cortina uprights but if the only difference is the bearing size then something can be modded to suit..cheers for the info

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 15/12/02 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Pilgrim cars made a cheap cobra kit with early granada rear and cortina fronts,they exchanged the front hubs for a 5 stud version.Maybe worth giving them a call to see how,just tell them youve bought a half built pilgrim sumo and need the hubs exchanged

[Edited on 15/12/02 by bob]

Viper

posted on 15/12/02 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
PILGRIM SUMO .............now that is one naff cobra replica, but thanks for the info bob, it could be worth a try.

Stu16v

posted on 15/12/02 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
AFAIK the Granada MK2 uprights were the same as the Cortina but discs were vented and were five stud instead of four.
Could be wrong though....

Dont just build it.....make it!

stephen_gusterson

posted on 16/12/02 at 12:52 AM Reply With Quote
i can verify you are correct stu.

same for mk1 as well.

atb

steve

Viper

posted on 17/12/02 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps, looks like i might just be able to get them 182 rims on after all.

Viper

posted on 17/12/02 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
182? poxy keys, i ment 18"

kingr

posted on 19/12/02 at 12:53 AM Reply With Quote
18's on a seven? Are you a rapper or something?

Kingr

Viper

posted on 19/12/02 at 01:00 AM Reply With Quote
i have been told that it might be a tad over tired so i might stick with the sixteens

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.