Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: engine related
KECHICHE

posted on 9/8/11 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
engine related

Hi guys help here i am building a locost based kit car so far im strugling with engine hight its a focus 51 plate 1.8 zetec engine for some reason the sump sticking too far low,i have been told to shorten it but if i do that i may not have enough room for oil, it is shorter allready then the older zetec engines. so dos it mater if the sump sticking out about 2/3" ? and the other thing if i rase the engine up i be having issue with the bonnet, pls advice
thanks Alex

i do not know how to load a photo other wise i would of done sorry.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 9/8/11 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
2/3" is very good mine with gts panther bodywork is about 15~20mm. Ive seen some with a LOT more. I am sure the Ron book said to aim for 1"
KECHICHE

posted on 9/8/11 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
has anyone out there have a photo of finished car to see how low the sump/ engine just to have a idea before i weld the engine mounts and fit them, i am stuck at the moment,cheers
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 9/8/11 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
you can shorten and widen it to keep up the oil capacity, weld extra boxes on the sides for the sump, with holes drilled first obviously
sort of along the lines of this
Description
Description

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.